Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 30 of 122 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Looks like a good number of our new members come here on the count of Dub. Welcome, newcomers....

No longer a community member.

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Looks like a good number of our new members come here on the count of Dub. Welcome, newcomers.

Welcome Aboard to all you Newcomers!!! I hope you find it as pleasurable here as I have.
    Dale

Estate Pipe Whore morefifemusicanyone's Avatar

Hey,

A newbie to the pipe section, not to the forums.

I have been a pipe smoker for ~3 years off and on. I recently switched to stogies. After burning through a good deal of money with cigars and realizing that I could be spending 1/4 of that on pipe tobacco and the rest on some really nice pipes, I am resuming my pipe hobby.

That and I miss the experience. So anyway, with the changes and uncertainty in this site, it may not be the best time to come over to the pipe side, but here I am.

Participating in the NST for pipe tobac and well see where it goes from there.

Btw, my name is Tyler and I live in Minnesota. Favorite cigars are RP Edge, Sancho Panza Double Maduro, Olivia Serie G, ect.

As far as pipes go, I am a fan of Boswell pipes and I enjoy SG 1792 and Full Virginia Flake though I find the flake tobac hard to smoke (I think I need to dry it more) and cumbersome.

Thanks for looking and I look forward to being part of the community!
    Where did my signature go?

Newbie in the ocean

Hello all,

I am new to the forum here. Originally from Chicago, now living in Tokyo.

I look forward to getting to know everyone...

Dean

Thought I would re-introduce myself to CS (well, at least the pipe forum lol). Wanted to get into pipes ever since I saw the Porsche Design ones (I still can't afford one yet) so I have a La Rocca featherweight coming to tide me over for now. Getting into a trade with a great brother, Todd (Wharfrathoss), to see if Pipe smoking will warrant such and inevestment in buying a $200-300 dollar item.

No longer a community member.

Glad to have you, btw we post pipe smoking wizards here. JKJK have a good time.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes buzkirk's Avatar

Hello CS pipe forum, just thought I'd into myself

I am a semi retired paint cont, living in W Tn.

I'm a member of Cigar Review, a cigar smoker for 3 + years and a newbie pipe smoker.

I bought a Tim West sidewalker pipe as my first, and just ordered a Johs pipe for a 2nd.

Have only smoked a few blends so far, Altadis Blue Note, MB Vanilla Cream, and some McC Christmas Cheer 2005.

I am waiting on some CAO/Dan blends to try out, Blue Note, Da'venci, Devil's Holiday and Sweet Vanilla Honeydew all in 50g tins
    The early bird may catch the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese !

Puffer Fish with some spikes Big D KC's Avatar

Hey there, another FNG here! New to CS and new to pipes as well. Been smokin cigars for the last few years now.

I was introduced to the pipe by one of the local B&M's that I frequent about a month ago. Bought a cob and he gifted me an oz of Margate and a pipe nail tamper to start with. I have to admit the first bowl was interesting to say the least but I wasn't exactly wow'd over. Infact after that first bowl at the shop, I brought it all home and sat it down without smoking another for about a week and a half. One night I was sittin on the computer in the man cave and wasn't feeling like a cigar so I grabbed the cob and loaded it up. Needless to say I've been stuck helplessly sliding down this VERY slippery slope ever since!

I don't know what it is, but I absolutely LOVE pipe smoking now! Haven't had a cigar at the house ever since! I purchased a couple cheep meerschaum's and got them in the mail about a week ago and love smoking them! (glad I bought two though as one smokes great the other not so much ) Placed an order with 4 noggins for a variety of different stuff and have been trying them out over the past week now! Not to mention all the other needed goods! Pipe cleaners, matches, cork knocker, soft bits, mason jars, storage cabinet, wait what the hell happened to me?!? Then tonight I bought a Peterson from the B&M! (its soaking right now in everclear coated cotton balls) My wife thinks I am insane!

I been tirelessly searching ebay and reading up all about pipes and pipe smoking for the last month now. DubintheDam's youtube videos eventually lead me here where I have been lurking the last couple weeks! I can't get enough! I simply love it! It's so relaxing I had no idea!

Anyway enough rambling on for now! Hope to chat with you in the threads soon!

IHT

welcome everyone.
    some of us here are members of the KC pipe club... we get together every so often for get-togethers in Bonner Springs, KS as well (where they still allow smoking).
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Puffer Fish with some spikes Big D KC's Avatar

Very cool IHT, I had been to the KC Pipe Club website! Bummer there was no show this year as it would have been great timing being a newbie!!

Let me know when you guys get together, its a bit of a drive for me but if my schedule works out I might like to show up and have a bowl!

FNG here introducing myself

Greetings,

I'm Pete, and I've been reading the pipe forum stickies for a couple days. I've never smoked a pipe, I've been on the cigar slope since about April, and prior to that I smoked occasional cigars for the past 16 years (knowing nothing about them).

I chose ClubStogie because I've been on the cigar boards since May or so. I also read another new forum that most of you are familiar with. I honestly can not remember how I first found CS or why I joined.

I have not yet bought a pipe or any tobacco. I have no idea where to start (even after reading the stickies). I have a gift inbound that hopefully will get me started, but until then I'm still reading/researching/trying to figure out where to start.

Why pipe? I'm not sure... I certainly don't think it would replace cigars. Something about the pipes themselves that I like. I like things that are old-fashioned, hand made, etc. Who knows, I might end up more of a pipe collector than a pipe smoker (I have a lot of old mechanical film cameras but I don't really shoot with them).

Any which way, I am here.

-Pete

Newbie in the ocean

Having joined here over a month ago, I seriously need to introduce myself and start writing - been reading very carefully and soaking up new stories and information about pipe smoking. I originally came here after DubInTheDam had talked about forums, and this one in particular, in one of his (in my opinion) great videos that helped me on my way.

I'm 20 and from Germany. I felt like the local german and smaller communities were somewhat too concerned about their own business and would often not appreciate new, especially young members - So I decided to make the switch
    Both my grandfather and my father had been smoking pipes (though not frequently and stopped or given up before I was born), but I found their old pipes in some box burried somewhere in the attic and became interested.
    I have smoked neither Cigar/Cigarette before - and was never really interested in smoking them, however pipe smoking has been different. I guess i've been interested in pipes since I read the stories of Mark Twain or Tolkien.

I have been smoking pipe every now and then for a few months now, still finding my taste in both shape and design of pipes (that go along with my rather ... limited ... budget) and the type of tobacco. Still not completely satisfied (and i still have to improve my technique), i'm still searching for a combination that fits my taste. Sometimes i just lack the taste, which is happening less often in the past weeks, especially since i dared to choose more natural tobaccos, e.g Orlik Golden Sliced or MB Virginia Flake. Still trying out new stuff as I go along (and would love recommendations from members, i'm mostly browsing for new tobacco on tobaccoreviews.com).

Now, what a long post. I guess i need a pipe, now!
    See you then!
    Oliver

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome to all our new Pipe Forums members!

Hope you guys enjoy it here. If you need anything just give a shout. There's alot of friendly people around who are more than willing to help!

Howdy all,
    I have been a cigar smoker (due to my brother) for a while. Just resently I got a pipe (thanks to the same brother)(i thought i was the bad influance) any way....LOVE IT. I have got a whole lot to learn but I can't see how the flavor of the pipe can get much better. If anybody has any "must Know Advice About Pipe Smoking please send it my way, other than that i will just keep doing what I'm doing cause it seams to be working.
    Thanks

Estate Pipe Whore morefifemusicanyone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duster View Post
    Howdy all,
    I have been a cigar smoker (due to my brother) for a while. Just resently I got a pipe (thanks to the same brother)(i thought i was the bad influance) any way....LOVE IT. I have got a whole lot to learn but I can't see how the flavor of the pipe can get much better. If anybody has any "must Know Advice About Pipe Smoking please send it my way, other than that i will just keep doing what I'm doing cause it seams to be working.
    Thanks
    Welcome,

I would recommend reading the FAQ sticky as there is lots of good information in there. Also check out the Pipe Website sticky.

Then ask any questions that come up (after using the search) as the guys here are real friendly.

Happy smoking!
    Where did my signature go?

Page 30 of 122 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 80 ... LastLast