Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 31 of 122 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; heard dubinthedam talking about cs on youtube...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes cp478's Avatar

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

heard dubinthedam talking about cs on youtube

Up-n-coming tobacco dork dmkerr's Avatar

Greetings! Brand new member - even succeeded in failing to upload my Avatar after a couple of tries!

Not a newbie, I smoked pipes for about 15 years before my kids were born and then (mostly) put it away for the last dozen years. I had quite a collection and sold most of it. This was years before I knew about Ebay, so I took a bit of a bath! I kept a few good ones back and have picked up a couple since getting back into it.

I'm more into the tobacco than the pipes, and I was chagrined to learn that a few of my favorites have been discontinued. I held back two tins of Cope's Escudo, one of which I just finished and one that ended up with a broken seal and much mold. I thought I was too cool to cry but I guess not! No more Dunhill Elizabethan either? Sheesh!

Tobacco faves are (have been) Rattrays Hal o' the Wynd, Old Gowrie and Red Rapparee, Dunhill 965, McClellands Navy Cavendish, Ashton Old London and McConnell's Scottish Flake. I'm always up for new blends, though. Right now I'm smoking some McClellands Arcadia. I'm glad I tried it but probably won't return once the tin is gone.

Looking forward to posting!

Puffer Fish with some spikes KBibbs's Avatar

I'm very new here, and to pipe smoking in general.
    I'm from the US....and I dont really know what else to say, so I'll end it at that.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by dmkerr View Post
    Greetings! Brand new member

Looking forward to posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by KBibbs View Post
    I'm very new here, and to pipe smoking in general.
    Welcome to the Pipe Forums at Club Stogie gentlemen!

KBibbs...if you have any questions about the pipe or tobaccos, just give a shout. There are many fine brothers here willing to help!

No longer a community member.

Welcome to the Pipe Forums at Club Stogie guys

Maturing Puffer Fish

Howdy everyone! Been using the site over the last month, and finally am impressed enough with pipe smoking to stick around for good.

Cigars were too expensive for a graduate student, and I like the smell of pipe smoke way better. Plus, buying pipes could be an addicting hobby for me....

So far, started with TinderBox Wilshire (Lane 1Q) and a cheap 20 pipe a month ago. 2 weeks later I bought a new Ascorti rusticated 156 shape to try Sherlock from Tinderbox (English blend). Really like the woodsy aroma.

Decided to try some Virginia, so ordered:

Estate Ascorti tan Rusticated Egg bent pipe
    FVF
    Long golden flake

Going to go broke trying to try tobaccos since where I live we don't have much selection to sample.

Thanks for the site and good advice!

Estate Pipe Whore morefifemusicanyone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nanotech View Post
    Howdy everyone! Been using the site over the last month, and finally am impressed enough with pipe smoking to stick around for good.

Cigars were too expensive for a graduate student, and I like the smell of pipe smoke way better. Plus, buying pipes could be an addicting hobby for me....

So far, started with TinderBox Wilshire (Lane 1Q) and a cheap 20 pipe a month ago. 2 weeks later I bought a new Ascorti rusticated 156 shape to try Sherlock from Tinderbox (English blend). Really like the woodsy aroma.

FVF
    Long golden flake

Going to go broke trying to try tobaccos since where I live we don't have much selection to sample.

Welcome! Get your post count up to 20 and you can access the trading part of the forum. Then participate in the Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipe. You send an experienced pipe smoker a tin or two they are looking for and they send you a whole heap of different baccys to try.

Again, welcome, great group of guys and gals here!
    Where did my signature go?

Up-n-coming tobacco dork dmkerr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nanotech View Post

FVF
    Long golden flake

That's damned impressive for a graduate student! Ascortis aren't exactly cheap! Great pipes, though.

Young Fish

Hi all,
    Johan from Stockholm here. I´ve been smoking a couple of cigars a week for the last three years. Since I was a little boy (well I´m 27 so it wasn´t that long ago) I knew that one day I would pick up the pipe. This mainly because I was so inspired by my father smoking the pipe when I was younger. Strangely he went from smoking the pipe to smoking cigarettes when he was in his 40´s. I guess it was because at the time they banned smoking in his office. Anyway, I get quite nostalgic when thinking about it, the tins of Three Nuns (which me and my brothers always played with), the meerschaum I wasn´t ever allowed to touch and helping him clean his pipes.

A few weeks ago I bought my first pipe and a tin of McConnell´s Scottish Flake at a local tobacconist. And now, I´m hooked. The last weeks I´ve tried to learn as much as possible about pipes and tobaccos from the net and I´m now looking to buy some more pipes and ofcourse try as much tobacco as my economy allows me to.

As many others I found Clubstogie when watching Dubinthedam´s videos, which are great btw, and to me this looks like great forum.

/Johan

No longer a community member.

Welcome Johan, we're glad to have you

Young Puffer Fish

Welcome Johan!

Young Puffer Fish

Hi I'm a newbie. My dad smoked pipes while I was growing up and I have his collection of pipes now, he died in 2001 and they all look pretty filthy and dusty now, but I've recently got myself a corncob and hope to work my way up to some of his old pipes at some point this winter.
    26 years old from Chicago.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Welcome to the CS Pipe Forums, gilly___!

Puffer Fish with many spikes Badkarma's Avatar

I've been away for quite sometime. Had a few life changes to deal with and things are about sorted out. Have drifted back a time or 2 just to see what was going on.

Doc says I have to seriously cut back on the stogies, but I have some wiggle room with the pipe. So, I updated my cellar and am off Saturday to replenish my supply of Middle Earth pipe weed at Just For Him (lucky for me they are just 40 miles away). And to see what they have that has dust all over it.

It's good to be back.

1 by 1, each day gets a little easier.
    If you bow hunt Cape Buffalo, you just might wet your pants!

Proud SoMo HERFER
    Confirmed Bundle Whore

Maturing Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by dmkerr View Post
    That's damned impressive for a graduate student! Ascortis aren't exactly cheap! Great pipes, though.
    I prly shouldn't spend the money, but I sold some car accessories (Subaru STi parts) I had laying around. I have an eye for pretty things, and our Tinderbox had the Ascortis, so after my 3rd visit I plunked down the dough. The things smokes so dang nice I can see getting about 4 more in various shapes...At least tobaccos cheaper than cigars, but the pipe thing can bite you.

Thanks guys for the welcome....Also, as said above, I look forward to getting my post count up so I can try the newbie sampler deal.
    There's nothing more relaxing then a warm bowl in your hand on a cool fall evening after a good meal.

Page 31 of 122 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 81 ... LastLast