Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 5 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by jkim05 New to the whole pipe thing and a bit overwhelmed...we'll see how it goes though. Originally ...

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by jkim05 View Post
    New to the whole pipe thing and a bit overwhelmed...we'll see how it goes though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJpuffs View Post
    Myself as well, so welcome fellow newbie. I just discovered the pipe in December. I can light and keep it lit through a whole bowl now, but still screw up the packing/tamping/gurgle every so often. Takes a few decades of practice, I suppose! But the ritual is everything, from setting up through smoking it through cleaning that sucker out.

RJ

Welcome to the Cellar, enjoy your stay.
    As a simple man, I hope for... prosperity for my friends, love from my family, a few ribbons of tobacco, and a cold beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzrtrat View Post
    Welcome to the Cellar, enjoy your stay.
    Thank ya, I'm off to pick up a pouch of Mac Baren (got tired of the local store's home-blended stuff that tastes totally different each week). I was thinking either the Black Ambrosia (supposedly sweet to a fault) or Original Choice (similarly sweet). I want something that tastes consistent, not tobacco-russian-roulette every week. Yes, as a newbie one tends to expect the taste of a candy bar! I guess I'll get over it when I buy my 9th pipe (?)

RJ

Newbie in the ocean

New to the forum. Been a smoker for a few years now--I consider myself to be pretty experienced. Cigars and pipes. More pipes than cigars.

I found this place from a friend who is a frequent lurker.

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by bricoleur View Post
    New to the forum. Been a smoker for a few years now--I consider myself to be pretty experienced. Cigars and pipes. More pipes than cigars.

welcome to clubstogie.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Exiled.

Welcome. I've gotta ask about the name ... read Michel de Certeau much?

Well you've got one up on your friend..............you're not a Lurker .
    Welcome to the Cellar glad you found us.
    As a simple man, I hope for... prosperity for my friends, love from my family, a few ribbons of tobacco, and a cold beer.

hello BOTB

new to pipes, still learning a little bit more everyday. this forum looks like a great place with tons of info, happy to be here.

IHT

welcome to CS.

Good day,

New to the group and still fairly new to the pipe. I live up in the great white north...Canada...where the Winters are cold and Summers are hot and humid.

I picked up my first pipe about a year ago and have been hooked since. Previous to joining the briarhhood, I smoked cigars (still do) but never cigarettes...can't stand those little white weed sticks.

I now own 6 pipes...two Brighams, two Blatters made in the 80's...and two that I've made on my own. I kind of got hooked on making them now, too...lots of fun. My favourite blends so far are Penzance, Odyssey, and P&W Vanilla Honey. Just bought a tin of SG Kendal Cream Flake...after my first bowl I'm not too sure about it...will definitely give it a few more bowls before I make up my mind!

Anywho...big, big NHL fan...and yes, the Ottawa Senators are my number one team. Just wish I could sit and smoke my pipe while watching a good game of hockey in my lounge chair..but the wife makes me sit out in the garage. :-( Thinking about insulating and heating the area and moving a tv in there! For now, I sit in the cold and listen to the radio.

I've got a happy little boy about to turn three...and another one due in June.

Well...that's all there is to know about me for now!! Looking forward to joining in on some great discussions!

Cheers!

Howdy Senator. Sounds like you are planning some man room improvements. Smoking in the cold is no fun. Enjoy our little corner of the jungle.

Nice to have another carver on board
    CigarGal aka Marianne

Why not? Shameless plug for my book. Here!

Welcome to all the new members! Glad to see more and more people making their way over to the pipe.

Hey all.

Been visiting the forum off and on for awhile now, thought I would make it official.

Hitting the pipe more than cigars anymore, I just find them more relaxing and enjoyable than a stogie. Been smoking for nearly two years now. Started with a bunch of cobs, which I still smoke at work or while fishing, but have also come to include some estate pipes in the collection as well.

I like the activity of the pipe section. Seems to have really taken off in the last year or so.

Hey everybody.I am new to the pipe forum but have been a clubstogie member for a few years.I had played around with pipes many years ago,but did not get serious till fairly recently. I am still learning .I started making a few posts here and there and doing a few reviews a few months ago. I am finding myself drawn to the pipe world more and more.I think during the winter months it is somewhat easier than cigars. I still love my cigars but the pipe is quite a nice diversion.I typically smoke the larger ring gauge cigars and this time of year in my neck of the woods,(upstate N.Y) it is tough to stay outside that long. I have a fairly short drive to work and the pipe is a better choice,timewise anyway. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts here and find the pipe forum more enjoyable.Dont get me wrong,I still read and enjoy the other forums too,but this one seems much more "laid back" I quess. Anyway enough rambling from me.

No longer a community member.

I'm new to the forum but not to pipes as I've been smoking for a couple years. I smoke a Bjarne (first pipe) and a Comoy's as well I will be adding a Boswell very soon. I smoke mostly aromatics. I use to like fruity tobaccos but my tastes are changing I think as I like more mapley, vanilla aromatics now. I think I'm going to pick up a cob soon to start exploring more english blends. That's me.

IHT

welcome to the CS boards pipe forum.

Page 5 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast