Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 51 of 122 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Welcome to all you guys I've missed since last time...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Mad Hatter's Avatar

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Welcome to all you guys I've missed since last time
    MOO spelled up-side-down and backwards is OOW

Up-n-coming tobacco dork dmkerr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazycoonass View Post
    Hey there Im new here and new to smoking pipes, dont get me wrong I love smoking a fine cigar but when ur done with it all u have left is a pile of ashes and soggy chewed up butt. Ive only been smoking for about a week but my 1st pipe is a meerschaum and its already starting to color! lol.
    Having gone through a divorce, I can tell you that soggy chewed up butts are no fun!

Welcome to you and all the new brothers! Hope you find this place as helpful as I have!

dup

I recently picked up my first pipe (a real nice looking Peterson) when I went on a trip to Dublin. I got it as a memento sort-of-a-thing, but have managed to get some use out of it. I don't smoke very often, but when I do I enjoy it quite a bit. I find myself doing a lot of research and stumbled onto this site through DubintheDam's YouTube vids.

Looking forward to learning a lot here...

Welcome Nathan!

I also really like Dub's videos, very informative.
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Newbie in the ocean

Greetings and Salutations ^_^

Pleasure to meet you all, I am Kyrie.

I am fairly new to the pipe, but enjoy a nice bit of smoke on my porch in the evening, and sometimes at dawn.

Newbie in the ocean

Hello,

Digging through some old boxes a couple of days ago, I came across an old pipe that had belonged to my Great Grandfather. I decided to dig out a cheap Dr. Grab that I had bought in college and after a trip to Brian and Bean, I smoked it once as a tribute to "Pop". I didn't intend to actually enjoy the pipe anymore than I did the last time I smoked it, but I guess good tobacco really DOES make a difference. So it appears I have another "bad" habit to add to my repertoire, and I say it's about time.

Thanks for all the tips and tricks. Yall are stuffed full of knowledge and, as a novice, I have saved me a lot of time and trouble by trolling here.

Young Fish

Hi Guys , just thought i would introduce myself and say thanks for all the interesting posts that i have been reading since before becoming a member

New to pipesmoking , used it to quit smoking cigarettes and have not looked back

Here in South Africa , pipe smoking does not realy have a big following so i am a glad the forums are here

Brendon

Noob checking in.

I work in IT Management for a small IT consulting and outsourcing company in Austin, Texas, and have an eclectic range of hobbies, from firearms (from my 1874 Sharps replica, shooting bullets that I cast over black powder to modern rifles and handguns), to riding my motorcycle, to Olympic style recurve archery to computer gaming.

A friend of mine referred me here, since he has taken up the hobby of the cigar. He even brought me a nice one when he visited a few weeks ago. It was good, but I still remember a long time ago when I had a cheap corn cob pipe and some flavored tobacco... the aroma and the taste of pipe tobacco are just more appealing to me.

Last night, I ordered an inexpensive briar pipe on Ebay. I dug out my old Zippo to get it ready. I may look locally for some tobacco and other accessories I may need, since there are a few reputable tobacco shops in town.

I read through most of the FAQ, and will refer to it when I get started... the weather is getting more mild in the evenings, so it may be much more enjoyable to sit out on the back porch to smoke the pipe.

I've also looked around briefly, trying to find if any etailers have any 'sample packs' of different types of tobacco. If anyone has suggestions, I'm open to try them!

pipe smokin' duck hunter Hendu3270's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrayAdjacent View Post
    Noob checking in.

I work in IT Management for a small IT consulting and outsourcing company in Austin, Texas, and have an eclectic range of hobbies, from firearms (from my 1874 Sharps replica, shooting bullets that I cast over black powder to modern rifles and handguns), to riding my motorcycle, to Olympic style recurve archery to computer gaming.

A friend of mine referred me here, since he has taken up the hobby of the cigar. He even brought me a nice one when he visited a few weeks ago. It was good, but I still remember a long time ago when I had a cheap corn cob pipe and some flavored tobacco... the aroma and the taste of pipe tobacco are just more appealing to me.

Last night, I ordered an inexpensive briar pipe on Ebay. I dug out my old Zippo to get it ready. I may look locally for some tobacco and other accessories I may need, since there are a few reputable tobacco shops in town.

I read through most of the FAQ, and will refer to it when I get started... the weather is getting more mild in the evenings, so it may be much more enjoyable to sit out on the back porch to smoke the pipe.

I've also looked around briefly, trying to find if any etailers have any 'sample packs' of different types of tobacco. If anyone has suggestions, I'm open to try them!

Welcome to forums from another Texan! Alot of good info from these guys.

I'm looking forward to the not-so-hot evenings as well. This little cool front the past couple of nights has been great!

I belong to many forums, SF,Pipe Chat, Pipesmokers II, BOB, Christian Pipe Smokers, My Pipes and until revently was a Moderator on Pipes and Tobacco which is closing down. I am retired, and love to talk pipes and tobacco. I have lurked a little but this seems a great group and I want to get active and into the middle of it. I look forward to making many buds here!

Earl

Puffer Fish with some spikes Pipe Organist's Avatar

I've posted over at the "New Puffer Fish" section, but thought I'd do a duplicate post over here.

I'm a seasoned pipe and cigar smoker of about 30 years, having picked up the "sot weed" habit at the tender age of 15 while participating in the rather unusual hobby of reenacting (or "living history", or "costumed interpretation) of the War of 1812. When you're at an event, and it's raining, everyone pulls out their clay pipes, passes the pouches around and puffs and tells stories. What a great way to enter into the club!

I've had a rather unpleasant experience at another forum recently, and am glad to join your ranks. I hope to be able to contribute to the discussions and maybe even ask a question or two on both the pipe and cigar sides of the forum!
    <!-- / message -->

My pipes won't survive-EZ NeverBend's Avatar

Hi Folks,

Said a few words in the Cigar section but thought that I'd add a few here.

I started working in a smoke shop in 1965 a month before I was 11. Owned a couple of retail stores with my brother before establishing Marble Arch in 1982.

We imported James Upshall (and Tilshead) pipes and introduced Mastro de Paja, Ser Jacopo dalla Gemma, Radice (Dave Field was a co-importer), Posella, El Ceppo, Tonino Jacono and Capitello (did I forget any?). I was the blender of Elephant & Castle tobaccos that were manufactured by Ken McConnell (C.E. McConnell).

I left the pipe business in 1992 to go full time into database programming consulting. Spent a few years since trying to make a business of my life-long passion of thoroughbred race horses as a bloodstock consultant but that's a tall order unless you live in Kentucky (the heart of the thoroughbred world).

I used to be well known in the collector circuit but I last attended a swap @2000. I still have a small collection of Barlings including several Machines (251) and my favorite smokes are my Ser Jacopos.

My favorite tobaccos are old McConnell blends, Golden Mixture, E&C Roanoke (I added this mainly for myself) and when I was able to age it just right (and it was a bear not to ruin it) there was nothing like Rattray's Red Raparee (also McConnell).

I'm mostly virgin territory when it comes to pipes since I left the business. As a cigar smoker (too) I've kept more abreast of events in that world.

I look forward to chatting with you folks.

Regards,

Pete

Welcome to the new members Nathan, Kyrie, Jason, Brendan, Matt, Earl, David and Pete. Make yourselves at home.

Seems to be a bunch of interesting people here. I look forward to trading posts. I am new to this forum, but am a member of a lot of others, and a moderator on one. If it's pipe related, I love it. Thanks for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by strongirish View Post
    Seems to be a bunch of interesting people here. I look forward to trading posts. I am new to this forum, but am a member of a lot of others, and a moderator on one. If it's pipe related, I love it. Thanks for the welcome.
    We're actually rather dull and boring. That's why we leave the door standing open

-JOE ".............and a person that's got used to a cob pipe knows it lays a long ways over all the pipes in this world, and you can't git him to smoke any other." - Tom Sawyer Abroad

Page 51 of 122 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 101 ... LastLast