Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 53 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hi all! I've been smoking cigars for a few years now, and picked a cob and some Captain Black on ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Earley's Avatar

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Hi all!

I've been smoking cigars for a few years now, and picked a cob and some Captain Black on a whim a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed so I stopped at the tobacconist a couple days later for some tobacco recommendations for a newbie.

So now I've got 2 cobs a couple of Dr. Grabows and am looking into getting my first briar. I see thing snowballing fast!

Stumbled across this forum while looking for restoration tips for one of my Grabows and have already learned a lot!

It's a long road you will travel, abeit a wonderful one! I have over 150 pipes and hudreds of tobaccos and I still want more. Glad to have you among us pipers.

Hey everyone,

New to the forum and new to the pipe for about 3 weeks now. Been through tons of experimentation with packing, blends, etc. etc. My first smoke was a horrible biting hot ashy mess, but I'm really lovin' it all now and this past week or so I've finally been able to start hitting a really nice sweet spot of enjoyment.

The big improvements were when I started using sort of an improvised air pocket/frank method hybrid for packing, let my tobacco dry out just a bit more than I originally did, and started gently "sipping" instead of puffing.

So far I've mainly tried some Tinderbox blends, both aromatic and non-aromatic, in 2 different MM cobs, a basket briar, and now a new Mario Grandi pipe. Also waiting to receive a Boswell pipe and several of their tobaccos. plus some Sillem's black and Full Virginia Flake I ordered so excited to try all that.

My favorite smoke so far has been Tinderbox's Special Blend (virginia, latakia, and turkish mix) in the Mario Grandi pipe. The cobs smoke awesome too and I'm really glad I got those.

Look forward to participating in the forum and Happy Smoking!

Newbie in the ocean

Hi to everyone. I'm a lover of everything tobacco. Been told to give up the cig's. So here i am, trying a pipe. Like most newbees, picked up a cob pipe and some drug store golden burley. Kind of liking it. What do i do next? Any suggestions on strong tobacco?

Welcome, all ye noobs! Lottsa reading to be found here, with numerous nuggets of wisdom available
    Ron aka RJ aka RJPuffs
    --
    Old age isn't too bad, when you consider the alternative.

A Texas welcome ya'll to the piper newbies.

Newbie in the ocean pipesbywhitney's Avatar

Cool Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

My name is Dave Whitney and I restore and sell old pipes from the mid-20th Century on eBay as "pipesbywhitney." I am a retired journalist living in Florida and recently completed a 117-page book "Old Briar - Pipe Smoking on a Budget." I offer it at $10 in .pdf format that is formatted for 8/5x11 pages and can be either printed out on any PC or Mac computer or simply read on your computer. If you're interested, drop me an e-mail at "pipesbywhitney@gmail.com" and I'll tell you how to get it. I look forward to future pipe discussion on this forum.

-=)Resident Insomniac(=- eyesack's Avatar

Hey guys, figured I'd drop a line and say hi! I'm usually over on the cigar section of Puff, but have been known to enjoy a good bowl once in a while. I like corn-cob pipes, because they're cheap and I tend to throw away my pipe-stuff regularly thinking I'll quit... lol

Hi all, new to this forum, pipe smoking and smoking in general. A beginner in all ways. To be honest I cant remember how I found the site. So I'm here to learn about pipe smoking and perhaps cigar smoking (if I scrape enough cash together) and well who better to learn from then you guys.

Hoping this post hasn't throughly embarrassed me and looking forward to exploring the interesting and complex world of smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by cactusboy33 View Post
    Hoping this post hasn't throughly embarrassed me...
    Nah, try again.

But welcome!

Thanks Mark.

I do try and thanks for the warm welcome.

You know, I think this site is going to be alright.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader indigosmoke's Avatar

Welcome, fellow noobies! You're going to like it here. Lots of good advice and helpful, friendly puffers. Let the journey begin!
    “The value of tobacco is best understood when it is the last you possess and there is no chance of getting more.” - Bismarck

Young Fish

Hello folks--

Just stopping by to introduce myself. My name is IL and I am a new pipe forum member as of today. I look forward to interacting and sharing wonderful experiences in an amicable atmosphere with fellow pipe enthusiasts. I am always looking for a great conversation about pipes, tobacco, techniques, and all other elements of singular necessity that synthesize a pleasurable pipe-smoking experience.

Hey there fellow pipe smokers! Name's Jonas, I'm from Jacksonville, Florida, but living in statesboro, GA for college, I go to Georgia Southern University.

Holy crap! I went there for a year back when it was still Georgia Southern College. Is The Flame still there?

Page 53 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 ... LastLast