Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 56 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 106 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Just joined today after finding this site through a search for Rich's Tobaccos. Been a pipe smoker for about 40+ ...

Newbie in the ocean

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Just joined today after finding this site through a search for Rich's Tobaccos.
    Been a pipe smoker for about 40+ yrs. have a collection of about 200+ pipes.
    Briars, Meers, and corn cobs. I smoke aromatics, virginias, english, burley.
    Am a professional musician w/two sons who are musicians also. Am a secondary
    instrumental school teacher for about 30 yrs. Am a leader of three bands and a member
    of several other bands as well. I play trombone and acoustical bass gig wise.
    I've got enough tobacco and pipes to stock a pipe store but that doesn't stop me from getting more. Glad to be aboard.

Funn

Nice to see you here Funn .

well uh, hiya, I'm jacob and I smoke a pipe almost exclusively. I have 11 pipes, 9 of which came with an amazing old world globe humidor antique pipe rack thing I won on ebay, which i was going to post a link to the won auction in the ebay thread, but apparently I can't post links yet?
    Is bypassing that a big no-no?

My favorite pipe I own is a big ben jade, it's a beautiful pipe that smokes wonderfully, but needs a good sweetening. My favorite tobacco is Peter Stokkebye's nougat, and if anyone has any suggestions for similar tastes, I love sweet, flavorful aromatics, I'd love to hear them!

I'd die to own an S.YANIK pipe, he's got a bunch on ebay, and his freehands are out of this world. A few hundred dollars for a pipe that will end up being an heirloom is absolutely worth it. I owned one meershaum pipe previously, my first pipe ever, after a corncob... which I broke trying to repair with epoxy. The threads on the thing stripped after cleaning it hot too many times, man I was dumb back then. It was a real simple billiard style pipe made by peterson. Wish I could fix it.

As far as other "get to know ya" crap goes, I'm real into noise rock and such, I grew up on classical music, found punk at 14, found out that music could be awesome and not punk at 16, fav bands now are the paper chase (God I love classical influence on modern noise rock, seriously, they define a genre of thier own) man man, and les savy fav.
    I'm frontman in a noiserock band that is very slowly getting cracking, I help run a local showhouse, (I uh, live in it. And I built a bar. And our stage. I rock.) I want to get a local pipe club going to get a few pipe smokers to pop up out of the cracks, and I met a gorgeous lady who also smokes a pipe about a month ago, so all in all, I have a pretty awesome life.

And I guess that would be a good point to quit the damn rambling!

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

Welcome to both Funn and Punkonjunk.

Post any questions, favorite tobaccos, other info you'd have us know. Once you get some posts under your belt, another section will open up to you, for selling, buying, and trading pipes and tobacco. You can find some great deals there, or just have an opportunity to try some weeds that you haven't smoked before.

Hope you find a home here. Glad you found us.

WWhermit
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

how many posts till that opens up? I'd love to be able to look through that, all of my best pipes are estate pipes I got for great prices.

Hello everyone, been browsing for a week or so and finally signed up tonight! Hopefully the (only) place in town that stocks any pipes (only cobs) will get them off backorder soon so I can start enjoying tobacco, and maybe even stop smoking cigarettes in the process!

Quote Originally Posted by lunari View Post
    Hello everyone, been browsing for a week or so and finally signed up tonight! Hopefully the (only) place in town that stocks any pipes (only cobs) will get them off backorder soon so I can start enjoying tobacco, and maybe even stop smoking cigarettes in the process!
    Lunari - you are gonna be amazed at how well Pipe Tobacco fully satisfies and eliminates the need to stick a limp dick cig in your mouth. The nicotine satisfaction will be there. The only thing you will have to get over is the need to have something in your fingers or mouth - which hopefully the pipe will take care of.

In the end its gonna be the mental part that you will have to get over because the physical need (nicotine) will be taken care of quite easily.

Dont Puff Too Fast in a nice pipe.

Howdy Punk!

Yeah, I started smoking pipe as an experiment in ceasing my ludicrously expensive 2 packs of djarum blacks a day habit... the started costing around 10 a pack, just under.
    I still order them on the internet occasionally, but as far as it goes I'm an avid pipe smoker through and through these days. It's great. Cigs are now only really used to give my pipes a break for a few days for a good cleaning - I gotta try that crazy salt thing I was just reading about.

Newbie in the ocean

Glad to see so many folks joining. To the cigarette smokers I would do the same thing. If you slow down with a pipe and taste the tobacco it'll be much better than cigs. Those financially unable to increase their briar, meer or even estate pipes I strongly suggest corn cobs. Don't laugh.
    I used to laugh at Prince Albert smokers...now I got 2 tubs. They are great smokes & come in myriads of shapes. Plus you can get stems to dress them up if you are concerned about looks.
    I recommend Missouri Meerchaum. Many dealers carry them on the internet. Get rid of the paper filter so you won't suck hard to get some flavor.
    I have a collection of some 190+ pipes, with about 15 corn cobs. Well worth the investment.
    They are GREAT smooth smokes starting out.

Funn

would you say corn cobs are a decent investment to try out a new tobacco and get the full flavor without ghosting?
    I might be a little spoiled, I moved right from a cheapo corncob to an absolutely amazing meershaum estate pipe that was nearly brown from heavy smoke in, in (what I know now) beautiful condition, and broke it with my poor care. It had a threaded, screw-in stem, and unscrewing that hot to clean it eventually stripped it. I tried to drill it out, and set something else in to slide the filter into with JBweld and a piece of steel and... well, long story short, there isn't much hope for that old, beautiful meershaum pipe.

This is why the pipe cleaner test is so important to me; I never take my pipes apart, unless I'm giving them a deep 'everclear' cleaning. For after smoke cleaning, I just run a pipe cleaner through 'em, then fold the pipe cleaner over and sort of dust out the bowl.

Hello, I've been lurking here for a while and joined a few days ago. I'm an ex cigarette smoker in the UK, gave up a year ago with the help of those electronic cigs, but recently decided to give pipes a go. It was my brother's birthday recently and he'd expressed an interest in them. I took a trip to the tobacconist and in addition to his presents I came away with a couple of cobs and a cheap harcastle briar for myself. I also picked up a tin of Squadron Leader and a pouch of MacBarens Vanilla Cream.

I'm enjoying it so far but I am having a bit of trouble with packing/slowing down as the pipe bowl gets very hot when I smoke. I'm loving the taste (and smell) of the tobacco though, it's great.

[QUOTE=Punkonjunk;2738789]would you say corn cobs are a decent investment to try out a new tobacco and get the full flavor without ghosting?
    /QUOTE]

I keep a good supply of cobs on hand just for that purpose. My favorite is the Country Gentleman which can be had with either a straight or bent stem. It comes pre-charred so you don't get the flavor of corn cob and at around $5 they are a steal. But don't just use them for sampling, they're damn fine smokers and I keep a couple in my regular rotation.

Cigar smoker of about 10yrs switching to pipes. I have a couple of briars(Savinelli and Parker) and a cob. So far been smoking aromatics(butternut burley, plumcake, trout stream) but thinking of trying some English blends(maybe Squadron Leader). Any advice would be appreciated.

Newbie here from Utah. Just sayin HI

Page 56 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 106 ... LastLast