Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 67 of 122 FirstFirst ... 17 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Welcome to the Pipe Side, Gents!...

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Welcome to the Pipe Side, Gents!
    Dale

Gotta say I had my first great smoke last week. I've been smoking overly-cased garbage from a local cigar shop and not been enjoying myself too much. Went to a pipe shop down the road a ways and picked up some "Special Balkan" blend by Edwards and also got some "Tavern" from the free sterling tobacco deal. These two tobaccos really blew me away. Tons of flavor but didnt taste chemically (or like hot magma for that matter). Smoked clean, dry, and mostly cool. Tasted and smelled what I always thought tobacco should taste like. Super relaxing and great with a good IPA on a Friday afternoon. Looking forward to honing my taste buds some more!

Welcome to Puff Ben!
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Newbie in the ocean

Hey everyone, I've been a cigar smoker but recently have come to pipes, and am loving it so far. So much more of an experience, and very relaxing. Have been smoking a briar for a couple months and just about a week ago got myself a really nice meerschaum. Any case, good to be here, and looking forward to some smoky conversation!

Cheers,
    Stefan

Welcome to this side of the slope Stefan, enjoy your stay!

amnesiac with deja vu Nurse_Maduro's Avatar

Welcome, Ben and Stefan...we're glad to have you aboard!

Puffer Fish with some spikes

I've been here about a month but never properly introduced myself, I just started smoking pipes about a month ago and love it. I used to smoke cigars here and there but never seriously, pipes on the other hand. This place has been a great source of information and is an outstanding community.

Newbie in the ocean

Hi, I have been lurking about a month as well. Been smoking pipes on and off for about 10 years.

Trying to break the cig habit and really enjoy the pipe experience so a few weeks ago I dove in

I have seven pipes now, mostly Savinelli's and Have been trying some different blends.

This forum has been a great help to me....Thank you all

Welcome to Puff Dan & Paul!
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

My Hobbies are Hobbies! MrLexus's Avatar

Hey guys and gals! Just wanted to introduce myself over here on this side of the forum. I have been ove on the cigar side for a few months now and really enjoy this forum. I was recently gifted a Boswell pipe from the coolest uncle ever so I figured I needed to check out this side of the forum as well. Hope to contribute over here and meet some great people!

Young Fish

Hello everyone. I've been smoking cigars for a few years and after smelling pipes in my local lounge had to try it. A lot of fun so far! I bought a Grabow Briar to start and a corncob the following day so I could adhere to resting the briar and breaking it in properly. Currently looking for a higher grade briar to start a rotation. Last night was great and I was able to finally smoke to the bottom with only 3 relights (all in the bottom third of the bowl after some noobie tamping on my part) after trying the Frank method. I love the complexities of simply smoking the pipe and can't wait to get into the tobaccos. I have a few specific questions but I'll post those elsewhere. Thanks for all the great information on here.

Newbie in the ocean

Hello

Let's see, I recently turned 50 and decided to quit smoking ciggerettes, decided smoking a pipe might be a way to help and a little easier on my health. I visited tinderbox near me and the clerk helped me pick out a starter pipe Savinelli, cheapest one they had and i picked one of their house pipe tabbacos.. I've been beating around the forums for a couple weeks, and decided to join and say hello.

Phillip

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Miacova View Post
    Hello

Let's see, I recently turned 50 and decided to quit smoking ciggerettes, decided smoking a pipe might be a way to help and a little easier on my health. I visited tinderbox near me and the clerk helped me pick out a starter pipe Savinelli, cheapest one they had and i picked one of their house pipe tabbacos.. I've been beating around the forums for a couple weeks, and decided to join and say hello.

Phillip
    Nice to have you here Phillip. Be sure to get over to the New Pipe Smoker sampler thread and get in on that!
    It was.....well, let's just say it was.

Newbie in the ocean

Welcome aboard Phillip!
    Your reasons are similar to my own and I turn 50 on the 23rd.

Paul

Welcome Everyone!
    Dale

Page 67 of 122 FirstFirst ... 17 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 117 ... LastLast