Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey folks. New pipe smoker here. I know this is "Club Stogie", but I'm not really interested in cigars. Pipes ...

Young Puffer Fish

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Hey folks. New pipe smoker here. I know this is "Club Stogie", but I'm not really interested in cigars. Pipes though? Pipes have piqued my interest. This looks like a nice little sub-forum and I hope y'all don't mind if I stick around...

Sneaky Bombin Bastage catfishm2's Avatar

Well, after being on CS for the past few years, I decided to take a stroll down the hall and poke my head into the pipe forum. I've been lurking around for the past few months; reading posts, learning, and generally becoming more interested. I've been fortunate to talk to guys like Greg, joed, and a couple of others. I've already purchased four pipes and several tins, so I'm off to a pretty good start. I hope to post some pictures later this week. I'm hoping to become more involved with this part of CS and meet some of you that I don't already know. Looks like a great place you have here.
    "The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of their blood."..... Logan Pearsall Smith

Newbie in the ocean

hello all . i`m from Carroll county in Ohio . I smoke cigars as well as pipe . Either of those offer a more satisfying tobacco experience than cigarettes ever could. [imho] I smoke non-filtered cigs as well so i should know .
    I am a member of another cigar forum where i read a mention of this forum so i decided to come and lurk for a while . i like what I saw in the members here so I joined.
    I`ve been smoking pipes for a couple of years and have noticed that my pipe tobacco experience is developing somewhat like myexperience with Cuban cigars . Taste profiles are easier noticed and subtleties more evident . i hope that things continue to evolve like that for me . Nice to be here . Jason H

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Hello all,

I stumbled upon this site this morning while looking for info on how to smoke flake tobacco lol..

I quit smoking cigarettes after 20 years in August and just now returned to pipe smoking a week or so ago, I have always been a casual cigar smoker and even more casual pipe smoker but honestly I cannot afford to smoke quality cigars on a regular basis so the pipe fits the bill perfectly!

I have bought the "house english blend" from the only place available here in Biloxi and it's ok...I have an order in with just for him for a couple ounces of "Golden Cashmere" as well as a few ounces of "Ruins of Isenguard"

I'll let you know what I think!

Newbie in the ocean baweaverpipes's Avatar

I'm new to Club Stogie and am pleased I found the board. I make pipes and do it for the love of the creativity and not for a living. I simply enjoy the process, the people I meet and the satisfaction of a job well done.
    Many thanks!
    Bruce
    http://baweaverpipes.com

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by baweaverpipes View Post
    I'm new to Club Stogie and am pleased I found the board. I make pipes and do it for the love of the creativity and not for a living. I simply enjoy the process, the people I meet and the satisfaction of a job well done.
    Many thanks!
    Bruce
    welcome to clubstogie.
    we're all pretty familiar with your site and know your posts from other boards.

Dave's not here, man! hollywood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baweaverpipes View Post
    Many thanks!
    Bruce
    Welcome to CS, Bruce! Great to see you here! You had some great looking pipes at the STL show, and it was nice talking to you. I look forward to seeing you around the jungle.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader kheffelf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catfishm2 View Post
    Well, after being on CS for the past few years, I decided to take a stroll down the hall and poke my head into the pipe forum. I've been lurking around for the past few months; reading posts, learning, and generally becoming more interested. I've been fortunate to talk to guys like Greg, joed, and a couple of others. I've already purchased four pipes and several tins, so I'm off to a pretty good start. I hope to post some pictures later this week. I'm hoping to become more involved with this part of CS and meet some of you that I don't already know. Looks like a great place you have here.
    welcome to the pipe forums, glad to see you down here.
    When I hold you in my arms, And I feel my finger on your trigger, I know no one can do me no harm, Because happiness is a warm gun.
    - the Beatles

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish RevSmoke's Avatar

Joined CS for the cigar side, then discovered the pipe side as well. Have smoked both since about 1980. Am not as big a smoker as I was. I smoke either a pipe or cigar about 4 times a week, more frequently when fishing, hunting, or camping.

I am a Lutheran pastor (LCMS variety), married for 23 years (well almost) and have two sons (ages 13 & 11).

Aside from my pastoral tasks and when I am not reading theology - I enjoy fishing, hunting, archery, camping, a good book, music, and usually, these are done with my sons (wife like to eat what we kill, but doesn't necessarily want to spend the time catching or killing it) or the whole family.
    RevSmoke
    -- The only one you need to satisfy with what you smoke is you - enjoy it.

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Welcome to the Jungle RevSmoke. Hope you find it cozy here
    Reserved for future use....

Hey everyone!

Glad to have found this forum.

I'll make the introduction quick: I began smoking pipes about three years ago but just recently became completely infatuated with it. When I really get into something, I end up collecting that something. Not to say I just buy pipes to have them sit pretty on whatever surface they are put — I've been lucky enough to try a wide variety of pipes from a large number of pipe makers, and each pipe I own has their own unexplainable qualities covering everything from looks to feel to the smoking experience itself. I currently own six, with number seven on the way. Once I get my hands on some fresh batteries, I'll snap some pictures of them and post them in the photos forum.

Nice to meet everyone

PS — I'm a Nording fan.

Quote Originally Posted by skatalite View Post
    Hey everyone!

Glad to have found this forum.

I'll make the introduction quick: I began smoking pipes about three years ago but just recently became completely infatuated with it. When I really get into something, I end up collecting that something. Not to say I just buy pipes to have them sit pretty on whatever surface they are put I've been lucky enough to try a wide variety of pipes from a large number of pipe makers, and each pipe I own has their own unexplainable qualities covering everything from looks to feel to the smoking experience itself. I currently own six, with number seven on the way. Once I get my hands on some fresh batteries, I'll snap some pictures of them and post them in the photos forum.

Nice to meet everyone

PS I'm a Nording fan.
    Welcome from your neighbor to the West. If you get over nto NW Ark, look a few of us up.
    Proud supporter of Reel Recovery.
    www.reelrecovery.org

Puffer Fish with some spikes perogee's Avatar

Howdy all. Just joined the boards and am really liking what I am seeing. I was just looking for pipe information and stumbled on this, happy it turned out that way.
    I am looking forward to learning more about the whole pipe culture.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Quote Originally Posted by perogee View Post
    Howdy all. Just joined the boards...
    Hello and welcome to the Pipe Section at Club Stogie! Glad to have you aboard.

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by Kayak_Rat View Post
    Welcome from your neighbor to the West. If you get over nto NW Ark, look a few of us up.
    aren't you to the "east" of oklahoma??

either way, you're close enough to smell.

welcome skatalite (one of my favorite ska bands is called "the skatalites" <- that's a link), and welcome perogee (sounds like a food my wife loves, probably a different spelling).
    testing if i can link to in embeded mp3 of the skatalites.

[SIZE="1"]
    edit: post 12,400? you think i'd be banned by now. do i get a prize?
    [/SIZE]

Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast