Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 72 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1824

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; NPS-- -Hello everyone, I'm very new to pipes and had no idea I would enjoy this as much as I ...

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

NPS---Hello everyone, I'm very new to pipes and had no idea I would enjoy this as much as I do Cigars. I was looking to doing something in the winter months inside so I can still enjoy one of my favorite pass times. I've been smoking cigars for well over 20 plus years and finally tried the pipe. My wife picked it up for me a few years back and just recently tried a bowl of a friends from work special selection and was very pleased I did. That said I'm now looking for another pipe along the Savinelli line. I really like the construction and look of these pipes. if not a Savinelli something that looks along the same lines as them. So in closing I just completed my first trade here : Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes and waiting to see what tobacco's I will start trying and making some of my favorites.

Thanks for having me.
    ViVat Jesus!

Clampsmoquero Latakius Vituscan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    Hi all,

I've been enjoying an occasional cigar for quite a while now -- living and working in an oil town, it's either cigars, whisky, or both! Though I admit that I giggle a bit every time I see y'all complaining about paying so much for your tobacco. Here in Canada, I'm lucky to find a 50g (1.76 oz) tin for $35, and the more expensive tins are $45+. It's still much cheaper than cigars, however.
    I'm definitely looking forward to spending time here in this forums, as my pipe experience has definitely improved already as a result of answers to my questions! Thanks!
    Hey Garin,

Welcome to the forum!

And, thank you for your story and perspective! Excellent!

-DJ

Quote Originally Posted by tobacmon View Post
    NPS---Hello everyone, I'm very new to pipes and had no idea I would enjoy this as much as I do Cigars. I was looking to doing something in the winter months inside so I can still enjoy one of my favorite pass times. I've been smoking cigars for well over 20 plus years and finally tried the pipe. My wife picked it up for me a few years back and just recently tried a bowl of a friends from work special selection and was very pleased I did. That said I'm now looking for another pipe along the Savinelli line. I really like the construction and look of these pipes. if not a Savinelli something that looks along the same lines as them. So in closing I just completed my first trade here : Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes and waiting to see what tobacco's I will start trying and making some of my favorites.

Thanks for having me.
    Glad to have you here on the pipe side!
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Another new piper checking in here.

Always wanted to try a pipe and 15 or so years ago I did and had a HORRIBLE time of it. Couldn't keep it burning, sucking up wet crap and it was just horrid. So put it away and walked off.

Well, wanted to get off cigarettes a few weeks back and did some research as to what the hell I was screwing up before (man I was packing that thing wrong) and I have been puffing away happily since Enjoying the pipe and the different tobacco's so much and at 35 I have told my wife I am turning into a content old man with my pipe and wood shop <G>

This site has been full of info so far and it seems like good people so I just registered and I look forward to picking all your brains (tobacco questions coming as a normal thread soon hehe)

Checked out some pics of those club pipes too... Man I am sorry I missed those.. they look really nice.
    Mike

Welcome to all the new folks and the old folks who have just come over to this side of the ocean.
    "I was gonna yell FORE, but I was too busy mumbling "No way that's gonna hit him"

Quote Originally Posted by mbearer View Post
    Another new piper checking in here.

Always wanted to try a pipe and 15 or so years ago I did and had a HORRIBLE time of it. Couldn't keep it burning, sucking up wet crap and it was just horrid. So put it away and walked off.

Well, wanted to get off cigarettes a few weeks back and did some research as to what the hell I was screwing up before (man I was packing that thing wrong) and I have been puffing away happily since Enjoying the pipe and the different tobacco's so much and at 35 I have told my wife I am turning into a content old man with my pipe and wood shop <G>

This site has been full of info so far and it seems like good people so I just registered and I look forward to picking all your brains (tobacco questions coming as a normal thread soon hehe)

Checked out some pics of those club pipes too... Man I am sorry I missed those.. they look really nice.
    Mike
    Welcome to Puff Mike!
    “While you smoke, rub the bowl occasionally along the side of your nose. Briar has an affinity for your natural oils.” -My cellar.-

Welcome MBEARER. Once you get it down correctly, pipe smoking rules!

Hey Mike,

Welcome to the fourm!

Love it that you are an old man at 35...

>>>Enjoying the pipe and the different tobacco's so much and at 35 I have told my wife I am turning into a content old man with my pipe and wood shop <<<

Well, when you are an old man at 35, it's a great thing! You'll be able to bend over and pick up your pipe when you drop it, and, get back upright again!

Smoke on!

-DJ

Hi everyone, been enjoying the pipe for almost 10 years and used to belong to the knoxcigar bb for many years until the site was disbanded so I was searching around for another site with good people and info and I really like this site so I decided to join. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people who enjoy pipes as much as I do, happy puff'in!

Welcome to the forum, Ryan. I think you will enjoy it here.

Welcome Ryan

Hey Ryan,

A couple of weeks ago I was also searching around for a site when I found this one. As you said: "...a site with good people and info...". This site is just that!

Welcome!

-DJ

Newbie in the ocean

Hi everyone. Just signed in as a new member and hope to find some nice folks and good discussions here. I’m a passionate pipe smoker since more than 20 years and I guess I spent a hell of money for it but I just don’t care. It’s just too good to sit back and enjoy a good tobacco from a good pipe. When at work there are some cigarettes at times, but this is nothing to enjoy but rather keeps my systems up and running (along with gallons of coffee). All my pipes are filter pipes, which is not unusual considering I am a German. I tried filterless pipes but simply didn’t like them, so I will stick to my filtered ones (discussions on Pro’s and Con’s are welcome…). Besides pipes I like travelling, kiteboarding, pool billards and interesting conversations with interesting people.
    So long
    Benjamin

Puffer Fish with some spikes jakecartier3's Avatar

Hi pipe people,
    Up until now my tobacco experience has been limited to cigars. Now I am branching out into the world of pipes! I'm hoping I will enjoy them as much as I enjoy cigars and it is great to be in this part of the forums for the first time.

Welcome to the pipe forum Jake!!!
    But real men--real men prefer their women like pipes. They knock them gently and care for them always. No man shares his pipes!!!

Hey Ben,

Welcome the the Puff forum!

Glad to see that your system is kept up and running with gallons of coffee and cigarettes during your work hours! A good formula to keep the bugs away!

I think you will enjoy the commentary and banter on this site!

-DJ
    Credo quia absurdum!

Page 72 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast