Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 9 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Originally Posted by IHT x 2...

Re: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post

IHT

welcome rick.
    love the avatar, "WILSON!" <--guessing it's your last name. i've been reading too much of my sherlock holmes books lately.

Awaiting Confirmation

Hey there Pipers!

I am new to the pipe and have asked a few questions and gotten some great answers so thanks already.

I have smoked 3 bowls and I feel like I am starting to maybe learn the right way to pack the pipe (I read the FAQ but I still think I was doing it wrong).

Look forward to learning more!

Welcome Rick & Ad, glad you could make it to southern hemisphere of Club Stogie.

"aspera! per aspera! per ardua! ad astra!"

Puffer Fish with some spikes weetone's Avatar

Hey I'm Tyler

You may have seen me kicking around the cigar forums for a little while here, but I'm definitely interested in getting into some pipe smoking, as soon as the weather gets nice and I can save up a bit for the initial investment. (Always a bit steeper up here in Canada)

Thanks for the help from the guys that have already helped me, I look forward to hanging out.
    Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? - Douglas Adams
    Events of the past, if not forgotten, are teachings about the future - Sima Qian

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
    Hey there Pipers!

I am new to the pipe and have asked a few questions and gotten some great answers so thanks already.

I have smoked 3 bowls and I feel like I am starting to maybe learn the right way to pack the pipe (I read the FAQ but I still think I was doing it wrong).

Look forward to learning more!
    it takes practice. even after you think you have it down pretty good, you can lose it if you don't keep at it.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Hi Everyone,

I'm a little late in introducing myself as I just jumped right in. My name is Scott and I live on the coast of North Carolina. I have been a cigar smoker for about 11 years and have dabbled in the pipe over those years but have just gotten serious about it over the past 8 months. Much to the chagrin of my wife, I still have a coolidor with over 400 cigars that are sadly being ignored because I'm in love with pipe smoking.

As most of you already know, I'm a big Virginia/Perique fan and dabble in Aromatics and Latakia a little bit.

I compete in triathlons of all distances and have competed in 3 Ironman distance races at Ironman New Zealand, Ironman Florida, and I just competed this past year at the Hawaiian Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii.

I also enjoy surfing, camping, hiking, and cooking
    Do Not Fear Death, Fear the Half-Lived Life

Young Puffer Fish

Greetings, my name is Kevin and i'm just getting started in smoking. I'm looking forward to trying different types. Sofar i've only had a limited experience with the flavored realm.

I've been a cigar smoker for 2 years now and love it, but don't have the time to indulge like before. I'm looking forward to learning more, esp. since CS has the most information.

This space owned by Puff. Jbailey's Avatar

Hello all, my name is David and have been here on CS for a bit but never crossed over to the pipe yet. Been smoking cigars for over three years and thought I would give it a try.

We recently started a pipe night at the shop where I work. For a few bucks you can try out some of the different tins we have. Also I know nothing at all about pipes and was looking at a few the Amadeus pipes we have. Guess I was just looking for some info about them.

Can't wait to spend more money on another hobby.
    Goodbye Louie

Welcome David, you'll find plenty of information and encouragement here. Thanks for checking in.

—Richard

New guy here! im on the cigar sections a lot but just decided to pick up a pipe. I've smoked twice before and really enjoyed it! so much i decided to pick up a corn cob and some plumcake? by mac baren from the B&M

Quote Originally Posted by CigarMonkel View Post
    New guy here! im on the cigar sections a lot but just decided to pick up a pipe. I've smoked twice before and really enjoyed it! so much i decided to pick up a corn cob and some plumcake? by mac baren from the B&M
    Ryan,

Glad to see you expanding your horizons and dropping down to visit us here in the southern hemisphere. It looks like you are off to to a good start.

Welcome

Hi!

I posted on the newbie board on the cigar side and, because I have been smoking pipes much more frequently lately, figured I'd say howdy over here as well. So, please pardon the redundancies.

Just a little bit about myself: My first experience with tobacco came when a smartacre brought a plug of chaw to grade school. Sister Mary Anthony, a Cajun with a taste for the good life, made a deal with us: We could chew -- if we shared with her. But she had a spit cup; we had to swallow. Wasn't long before we were all a bit green around the gills.

But I persevered and by high school I was smoking Camels and William Penn cigars, and chewing Levi Garrett and Red Man. I started smoking a pipe at Ole Miss and began smoking premium cigars 15 years ago. I finally kicked cigarettes 10 years ago and now enjoy the pipe blends at my favorite tobacco shop, as well as Rocky Patel's Edge, and AF Chateau Fuentes with a Connecticut wrapper.

You meet nice people through tobacco. It opens doors. When I was a cub reporter for a Mississippi daily 30 years ago, I covered a Town Council meeting at which a plug of Taylor's Pride was passed around. This time I didn't turn green, and I was welcomed to stay. I was introduced to this site by RevSmoke. He and I go back a few years, to the cigar dinners he held in and around Waterbury, Conn., before his move back to Wisconsin. We've also created cigar hazes over the lakes of the Tennessee Valley Authority under the ruse of chasing fish. I don't know if I've run into anyone else on this site, but I do enjoy the advice and reviews. And thanks to what I've read, I've dusted off all my pipes and now am burning some Frog Morton On The Bayou in a meerschaum-lined Carey's Magic Inch pipe I have had much longer than I care to admit.

- Mike
    <!-- / message -->

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Nice intro Mike, welcome!

Been lurking on this thread for quite a while...but decided to jump into the pond!

Although I've smoked a pipe, off and on, since about 1978...I've picked it up much more seriously lately. Although I still like a good stogie, now and again, I've been quite partial to pipes for many, many years since my grandfather would allow me to take a few hits of his when very young. Of course, it was the late 60's when he let me do that and I can only ASSUME that it was pipe tobacco he was letting me smoke!

In 1978, when in Adak, Alaska...I worked for a fellow that smoke Captain Black daily....and it brought back a lot of good memories of my grandfather, so of course, I picked up a pipe and some Captain Black. Again, off and on over the years, a pipe has been a good friend of mine in some quieter moments as I contemplated the worlds problems.

The last several months; however, I've realized a pipe fits my needs. In fact, probably more so than cigars---but, those will always be a mainstay of mine, as well.

Many of you are great educators on the pleasures of pipe smoking. I've learned much from reading the postings that have been done and seen some damn good looking pipes along the way! My limited number of pipes have been giving me some pleasure with some excellent tobaccos that I've seen many of you post about. From the Peterson Sweet Killarney to various Christmas Blends...and many tobaccos in between, I'm learning what I like and don't like.

Looking forward to continuing my education and enriching my experience of pipe smoking by tuning into this thread on a regular basis!

Page 9 of 122 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 59 109 ... LastLast