Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 122 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

This is a discussion on Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Edit: looks like this could be an "intro thread" for new members of the pipe forum. so, let's hear how ...

IHT

Talking Archive: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)

Edit: looks like this could be an "intro thread" for new members of the pipe forum. so, let's hear how you found us and a little bit about yourself.

[SIZE="1"]--original post below--[/SIZE]
    okay, so over the past month we've seen a LARGE number of newer members show up to the ClubStogie pipe forum. not just new to smoking pipes that are longtime cigar smokers and current CS members, but new members here for the pipe section.

that's cool, no complaints here (i've been out of the loop a bit lately, haven't had time to ask)...

what i want to know is: WHY DID YOU ALL CHOOSE CLUBSTOGIE?
    are you members of another board and heard of this place and figured you'd take a look?
    were you lurkers and figured it was a nice enough place?

i'm curious, haven't seen this large of an influx of new members strictly for the pipe forum before.
    i'd like to know what we're doing right to draw you all here so we don't fluck it up in the future.
    Last edited by Blaylock; 02-21-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Re: Pipe Forum - influx of new members?

As for me Greg,

Been here almost 2 years now. To be honest.....I really don't remember how exactly I ended up here (it had to be a search off Yahoo way back when).

I enjoy cigars alot, but for me.......the Pipe World is a very interesting thing. There are so many beautiful pieces out there to collect and use.....over and over again, unlike a cigar (all there is is a band and memories) Plus......the tobacco blends seem numerous and each one has it's own niche.

I like the Pipe forum alot !! Everybody has been helpful and very informative in their posts, which makes it easier for a "pipe newb" to follow and understand.

Andy

[SIZE=1]How is my day going........either or [/SIZE]

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish tzilt's Avatar

Well, I joined in November but as I recall I randomly found CS while googling for pipe websites. I found a couple other pipe forums as well but this one looked to be the most active and had a nice looking interface. I perused some of the posts and it seemed like a friendly place so I joined.

I struggle to find local people in my area that are into pipes. There are plenty of cigar smokers but few that smoke the pipe.

I find it nice to be able to sit down and read everyones post and pics. Its my little pipe family. Also there is plenty to learn about my hobby here.
    I turned 21 in prison serving life without parol.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes wharfrathoss's Avatar

i was already a CS member (cigars)-picked the pipe back up to help me quit smoking cigarettes-the old lady won't go for cigars in the house, but she ok'd the pipe-the days when i really want to appreciate one, i won't smoke the other
    There's nothing so bad in life that it can't be made worse by a lousy cigar.

I've been a CS member for about 18 months and I was at a mini-herf with a few guys and tried bongoy's pipe and decided that I needed another thing to dump money into lol.

Puffer Fish with some spikes

For me it was the first google result for "pipe forum." Being young, and someone who uses a good number of forums it's a natural thing to immediately search for a forum relating to whatever topic. This one happened to also be a very good one, so I was happy with that. I lurked on and off for a while (probably since at least june, maybe earlier) and just decided to join when I started checking the forum more and more often, and realized that I'd been smoking long enough to really contribute answers to some threads, instead of just having questions of my own.

Have been a member here at CS for a while. Thought I would check out the pipe section and it seemed like you guys were enjoying yourselves. Figured I would pick up a pipe and some tobacco to see what the fuss is all about. I really love the pipe and all the 'rituals' asscocated with it. Thanks for making us new guys feel appreciated.
    [SIZE="1"]The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything, it is too late to stop reading it[/SIZE].

IHT

Red face Re: Pipe Forum - influx of new members?

Quote Originally Posted by SAjunidog View Post
    For me it was the first google result for "pipe forum."
    well holy sh*t, we are #1.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pipe+forum

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Quote Originally Posted by IHT View Post
    Its been that way for a long time now, but I like the new sig anyways

IHT

Quote Originally Posted by SAjunidog View Post
    but I like the new sig anyways

what are you talking about, sig line??

I've been a gorilla a while now and recently picked up the pipe as a permanent addition to my lifestyle. I've been smoking a pipe off and on for a couple of years for curiosity's sake, but have recently become serious. What better place than where I know others and call them friends.

We almost need an introduce yourself sticky.
    [SIZE="2"]IHT - this has recently been discussed, but i (personally) think it's a bad idea. we'd have 7 pages full of "welcome to the CS pipe forum" for 7 intros. i like when ppl give intros, good ones, and don't care if they are anywhere in the pipe forum, even their own seperate threads for everyone, that's cool with me.
    i just don't see the use for another sticky - but that's just me, although it's been mentioned a couple times now.

2nd edit: the people have spoken.
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by IHT; 01-20-2008 at 10:43 PM.
    As a simple man, I hope for... prosperity for my friends, love from my family, a few ribbons of tobacco, and a cold beer.

Full grown Puffer Fish solafid3's Avatar

I've been here because I started smoking cigars... smoked my first one wayyyyyy to fast (as in why is the world spinning). Therefore, as a result of my blunder, I decided to get help, and ended up here. From there, one of my friends gave me the challange that, "Compared to a cigar, you can never get the taste of a good pipe tobacco." Considered that a challenge, so I pranced over to the pipe forum, learned a bit, bought my first corncob, and then realized that my friend was right. So yea, I got in one little fight, and my mom got scared and said, "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air."

Heheheh But seriously, just ended up here because I wanted to learn more about cigars, and ended up smoking a pipe.
    I wish to say that I'm not ashamed of anything whatever that I do, and I don't feel that smoking makes me ashamed, and therefore I mean to smoke to the glory of God. - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

I was just doing some searching for pipe forums on the internet. I was looking for someone to talk too as there are not many close by that I know of (that smoke pipe) :-(

Puffer Fish with many spikes emelbee's Avatar

I've been on CS for about a year and a half, as a cigar smoker. When I got the itch to try a pipe, I started with reading the CS pipe forums.
    "A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it."
    - G.K. Chesterton, Everlasting Man, 1925

Page 1 of 122 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 51 101 ... LastLast