Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

new piper!

This is a discussion on new piper! within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I'd try some Esoterica "And so to bed". I'm a big cigar fan and I really like the body and ...

Young Fish

Re: new piper!

I'd try some Esoterica "And so to bed". I'm a big cigar fan and I really like the body and flavor, it's more on the "medium" side of things.

I'm with Nick. Pointless forum proliferation. Whatever, I'll just add welcome and stay away from the aromatics. If you want OTC, try Prince Albert, Carter Hall or Walnut, good smokes all.
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    I'm with Nick. Pointless forum proliferation. Whatever, I'll just add welcome and stay away from the aromatics. If you want OTC, try Prince Albert, Carter Hall or Walnut, good smokes all.
    Maybe if they just moved the thread from the other forum over here than it wouldn't seem like a double thread...
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick S. View Post
    Maybe if they just moved the thread from the other forum over here than it wouldn't seem like a double thread...
    How does it differ from "Sticky: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)"? It isn't even in Pipe World! Seems weird. I would never have seen this thread AT ALL, if I hadn't been curious to see what else Cairns had posted...at least I think it was Cairns. How the hell did you stumble on it, Nick? I want to go to the general-forum-pipes and get all the pipe stuff! It just confuses me and cramps my surfstyle.

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    How does it differ from "Sticky: Pipe Forum: new members (introduce yourself)"? It isn't even in Pipe World! Seems weird. I would never have seen this thread AT ALL, if I hadn't been curious to see what else Cairns had posted...at least I think it was Cairns. How the hell did you stumble on it, Nick? I want to go to the general-forum-pipes and get all the pipe stuff! It just confuses me and cramps my surfstyle.
    I saw the new sections when I backed up to the "pipe smokers forums" section to check the review forum sub-forum. I do use the "general pipe forum" as a home base and I usually only go out of that to check the reviews. I wonder if they could move the sub-forums into the general pipe forum... That way we could see when there are new posts in the other forums...
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick S. View Post
    I saw the new sections when I backed up to the "pipe smokers forums" section to check the review forum sub-forum. I do use the "general pipe forum" as a home base and I usually only go out of that to check the reviews. I wonder if they could move the sub-forums into the general pipe forum... That way we could see when there are new posts in the other forums...
    Actually, having to have a special link to the reviews is sorta clumsy, too. The rational for not having it all on the same page is that there are so many threads that it crowds everything out and it all doesn't fit on a page -- at least that's how I understand it. In this case, though, the thread idea has morphed from a sticky to an entire forum of its own. Even "Ask a pipe guy" is part of the same ball of wax, sort of a random FAQ. And the pipe repair thread is worthy of a sticky, really. The problem there is that the sticky eventually becomes huge and somewhat impersonal.

Indeed, half the general-pipe-forum is a giant "Ask a pipe guy", for all intents and purposes, isn't it? There's the occasional festival notification, bomb damage assessments, smoking weather reports and so forth, but half the fun here is asking questions and answering them. And making fun of each others' sadly misguided opinions, of course.

Maturing Puffer Fish Briars&Havanas's Avatar

Welcome!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to Puff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

For more tobacco, I'd recommend anything that comes in a flake, a cake or a rope. The process seems to compound the flavor. Most of them give you some good strength too. They'll just take some time to get used to prepping and packing them.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Welcome to Puff!
    haha, thanks. ive been on here for a few months, but still new to smoking pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    For more tobacco, I'd recommend anything that comes in a flake, a cake or a rope. The process seems to compound the flavor. Most of them give you some good strength too. They'll just take some time to get used to prepping and packing them.
    ive been trying a bunch of different types of tobaccos lately. ive had the CAO moontrace, Peterson University flake, and sir walter ralreigh tobacco. they have all been great! and thanks to Hekthor (Hweibe) for the samples!!! i still have a lot more to try!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2