Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new piper!

This is a discussion on new piper! within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; hey guys, i have been smoking cigars for a couple months now and i figured since the weather is starting ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes

new piper!

hey guys, i have been smoking cigars for a couple months now and i figured since the weather is starting to get colder, i should try out some pipes! i bought a Missouri Meeschaum Corn Cob pipe the other day and i bought some cheap drugstore tobacco (captain black). it was okay, but the flavor just wasnt there, it was all aroma. i also bought a sample of tobacco from a b&m i visited in savannah ga last weekend. its better, but still pretty light on flavor. what would you guys suggest for a new piper looking for a good strong flavored tobacco? thanks a lot guys!

Re: new piper!

Depends on what you mean. Do you want a strong tobacco that has a flavor added, like a vanilla or cherry, or a strong tobacco with a strong tobacco flavor?

Welcome to the pipe, Neil! Hey, is that tobacconist on River Street still there? Just curious...
    ********.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Depends on what you mean. Do you want a strong tobacco that has a flavor added, like a vanilla or cherry, or a strong tobacco with a strong tobacco flavor?
    I love the complex strong tobacco flavors of a cigar, but I'm not a fan of flavored stuff. I would not be opposed to giving some flavored pipe tobacco a shot, but I prefer tobacco flavored tobacco lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Welcome to the pipe, Neil! Hey, is that tobacconist on River Street still there? Just curious...
    I'm not sure which one you are talking about. I did not see a tobacconist on river street, although the one I visited was in between river and bay street so that may be the one you are talking about.

Welcome to the pipe side Neil. I can recommend McClelland Dominican Glory as it has full leaf cigar tobacco in it. I'd send you a sample but I gave my last half of the tin to a BOTL at work.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Welcome Neil!

I'm fairly new also so not much help....

Welcome Neil!

I'd recommend that you sign up for the Newbie Sampler Trade. You buy an experienced piper a tin of tobacco, and in return he sends you a sampler of many different types to try - all premium stuff. It's a good way to try many different things.

Leading Puffer Fish

What's going on over here? This might get a bit confusing with the new member introduction thread in the general forum and then this new piper forum...

Oh well,

Welcome Neil!
    Join us for the Puff Monthly Tobacco Review: May's blend is Dunhill's Nightcap. Post reviews and join the discussion here.

Young Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Nick S. View Post
    What's going on over here? This might get a bit confusing with the new member introduction thread in the general forum and then this new piper forum...

Oh well,

Welcome Neil!
    Count me in as one of the confused. I'm guessing this will be a new sub-forum for introductions.

Hello, Neil!

Neil - for a cigar guy, I have three recommendations - Cornell & Diell Billy Budd, Peterson Irish Flake, and Dunhill Royal Yacht. Billy Bud is earthy and smokey, Royal Yacht is kinda fruity and sweet but not over the top (think the raisins in AF Anejos), and Irish Flake is...well....it's like nothing else. Also, be sure to do the Newbie Sampler Trade for pipes!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes cp478's Avatar

Welcome.
    Mclleland has a couple of cigar tobacco blends for the pipe.
    Check out tobaccoreviews.com and you can search different pipe blends that may interest you and read reviews. Also check out the newbie pipe tobacco trade here on puff. It works out great for beginners.
    Corporal Punishment!

Many of my cigar buddies told me to try Escudo as my first tobacco

and that is why they are my friends.....
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

thanks everyone for the welcome and the recommendations! i will definitely check out the noobie sampler trade and the other blends mentioned.

Check your PM Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by HWiebe View Post
    Check your PM Neil.
    replied!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast