Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Pipe Smoker in Dreamland - new to forum

This is a discussion on Pipe Smoker in Dreamland - new to forum within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hi all. I'm Leonard from Atlanta. I've been a pipe smoker for about twenty years and an advertising/marketing guy for ...

Brand Manager, Lane LTD Trout Langston's Avatar

Pipe Smoker in Dreamland - new to forum

Hi all.
    I'm Leonard from Atlanta. I've been a pipe smoker for about twenty years and an advertising/marketing guy for about the same amount of time.

Back in 2010 I quite my corporate America job, and took a year off. When I started hunting for a new job again in June of 2011, Lo and behold one of the first openings I found on Monster was for: "Brand Manager - Pipe Tobacco." Um, yes please.

So I'm now the new brand manager for pipe tobacco at Lane Limited (Captain Black, Sir Walter Raleigh, Lane Bulk and starting in 2012 about 25 other pipe tobacco brands).

I hate to brag, but I can't lie - This is truly a pipe smoker's dream job. I've basically spent the last four months or so immersing myself in the world of pipe tobacco - from leaf buying to manufacturing to package design. I've also been to Copenhagen twice to visit our parent company and receive training from our leaf buys and master blenders. Very, very cool, and very enlightening, needless to say.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this forum. Hope to learn, network and answer any questions if I can. And if there are any pipe clubs pretty much anywhere in the U.S. who might have an interest in having someone come out, perhaps bring some samples, perhaps give a talk about leaf types, cut types and the pipe tobacco manufacturing process, shoot me a line.

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Re: Pipe Smoker in Dreamland - new to forum

welcome to the forum! i too am from atlanta but i live close to macon georgia now. i just started smoking a pipe in the past few weeks, as i am more of a cigar guy. congrats on the new job, i am jealous as i am sure everyone else here is!

Welcome Leonard!

My job is sorta like a brand manager too, but for auto parts. Wanna trade?

Seriously, it is great to have someone like you here on Puff to lend us some guidance. I think you'll find a great group of guys here with a wide array of experiences and opinions.

Cheers!

Welcome and glad you found a job that you love. Please let me know when you need a sampler/reviewer.
    Pipe Tobacco Lotto winner for July 2014!

Maturing Puffer Fish Briars&Havanas's Avatar

Sounds like a pretty sweet job. I was actually sitting here thinking, "I wish I could smoke my pipe while I'm working, maybe I need a new job". LOL.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to Puff Leonard!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Wait! He's a Mad Man!

Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber