Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Just popping in to say hello

This is a discussion on Just popping in to say hello within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello dear pipefriends. Been browsing the site for some days now and thought I'd register and say hello. I am ...

Certified Clubbin'-Seal HugSeal's Avatar

Just popping in to say hello

Hello dear pipefriends.

Been browsing the site for some days now and thought I'd register and say hello.

I am pretty new to this whole pipesmoking business and pretty young in normal years too(halfway to 50 in February).

On top of that I'm a mechanical engineering student in Sweden(with their insane tobacco prices, around 30USD+ for 50 grams) with a few years left to study.

I came here to learn more, get some got advice on new things to try and because the whole pipe-community in general is such a great and kind group of people(and because pipesmoking in itself is such a pleasant experience).

Beeing Swedish my english will probably not be perfect but I hope I can make myself understood.

Will see how much time I will have to post here but anyways, Hello!

(I also have a sweet-spot for parenthesis if you couln't tell)

Re: Just popping in to say hello

Welcome to Puff! (your English is fine)

(Say hello to the Swedish bikini team for me)
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

And the Swedish barmaids.

Welcome

Thanks for the welcomes.

The bikiniteam lock themself in a sauna during the wintermonth hibernation but I will try to get a hold of them when they pop out for a dip in a frozen-over lake.

As for the barmaids, consider it done. Hmm, I think I will have to go to a bar asap just so I can relay your greeting. mmmm, baarrrss...

Welcome to Puff Björn. I'm sorry to hear about the tobacco prices, but considering your access to the barmaids and bikini teams, I don't feel that bad for you...

Cheers!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Welcome, brother! Make yourself at home! If you're ever looking to order a few tins on the cheap, don't hesitate to ask the guys around here for help. Most of them would be happy to grab a few locally and ship them over.

Just ordered at pipe-sho[dot].net. Just hoping it will arrive unscathed and uninterrupted.

Got a mix of mostly aros since i kinda like them and they feel "right" during the holidays.
    -Kohlhase & Kopp's and Petersons winterblends 2011
    -Burberry
    -Solanis Silver flake since virginias is nice too
    Also got some "Danish Nougat" which i suspect is going to taste awful, like really bad. but it cost pretty much nothing so I thought I could try it out. If nothing else it will look good in a jar.

Only got a Big Ben straight billiard pipe at the moment so if the economy allows it after christmas I am planning to expand that collection. Have bids on a savinelli and some "noname" pipe at the moment, both estate.

Hiya Björn

I too welcome you to the party

Please feel free to share your amusing stories and pictorials of the goddesses of the north that
    infest your Bars and hot springs.

Congratulations on your nice purchases.
    Dafiddla
    "What Could be Finer, than a Spanish Cedar Liner?"

Hullo, Björn! Saw you checking into the Tonight's Smoke thread, so I came over here to say howdy.

As I understand it, the Scandinavian tradition is to send all the female children who are not beautiful by age one to New York. I've only been to Iceland and Denmark, but from what I've seen it seems to explain a lot. Any truth to that?
    Vegetarian -- that's an old Indian word meaning "lousy hunter". -- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by freestoke View Post
    Hullo, Björn! Saw you checking into the Tonight's Smoke thread, so I came over here to say howdy.

As I understand it, the Scandinavian tradition is to send all the female children who are not beautiful by age one to New York. I've only been to Iceland and Denmark, but from what I've seen it seems to explain a lot. Any truth to that?
    It's not only the females so therefore I take that as a compliment considering I still live here.
    However, we don't ship exclusively to New York. Sweden has contributed with ugly children to many cities around the globe.

And some even go through the screening-process unchecked and stay here in Sweden(not talking about myself though, I hope...)

On a more serious note, people tend to ask that alot and to be fair I haven't really reflected that much on it. But yeah, we have some good looking women here. But not all women in Sweden look good, it's only 96-98% or so

I haven't been to USA so I can't really make a comparison there. I've mostly been around europe and down in italy, spain etc. they have some real eye pleasers too I must say.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everybody! I'll try to snap some nice snow-covered pipe-pictures during the months to come and share them with you. If we get some snow this year atleast. and after I've racked up 20-some more posts so I can post links directly.
    Last edited by HugSeal; 12-06-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Maturing Puffer Fish Briars&Havanas's Avatar

Welcome!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to Puff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

English is the first language of most of us, but I bet you speak it better than we do. Welcome.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber