Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another new guy, saying hello

This is a discussion on Another new guy, saying hello within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Well, I finally decided to jump in and get my feet wet. Been toying with the idea for years in ...

Another new guy, saying hello

Well, I finally decided to jump in and get my feet wet. Been toying with the idea for years in spits and spurts of total fascination.

Went and spent a while trolling around a local shop (which unfortunately wasn't the most well stocked, but was still quite good) and picked out a fair pipe from the "assorted pipes" drawer, which I would say is the equivalent of a basket pipe. I know that there are mixed feelings on the wisdom of this, but I did my best to pick out one with fair quality based on information here and around the web. So far it seems to work well, though I can't compare to one of known quality of course.

Also, thanks to advice I've perused around these forums, I've been generally successful at packing and keeping my pipe lit without killing my tongue in the process. Currently smoking a house blend (house blends being all they had) of something they call "Wee Heavy" (an English) and "Cherry Cav" (which I assume to abbreviated Cavendish). That's based on his suggestion since I was warned that aro's are difficult and English blends can be a little harsh for the newbie.

So far I am definitely enjoying myself and look forward to sharing with you all.

Re: Another new guy, saying hello

Welcome to Puff!

If you happen to run into Gretchen Cordy in the Piggly Wiggly, say hello for me.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

I'd love to.... except I don't really go to that one lonely Piggly Wiggly on the Kentucky border... the Food Lion's, Kroger's and Wal-mart's that have taken over Clarksville have made sure of that. I'm still unsure why its necessary to have 3-4 of each around here, especially when they aren't but about 5-10 minutes away from their sister stores. Of course, being next to a military base has kinda squashed a lot of the smaller places in favor of national or semi-national chains. Gotta go to Nashville for any variety.

But hey, C'est la vie, I suppose.

Well, I guess Gretchen visits them all.

Any good smoke shops around there since I visited the Fort in the '70's?
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Heh, we have precisely one shop that I've found which isn't a "Discount Tobacco", those being primarily for cigarette and pot smokers. We had a few stores try to open up around here, but they only made it 1-2yrs or so and are now gone. The one we have is fair, though weighted heavily towards cigars. They have a decent pipe selection, but they carry absolutely no tinned or "pre-packed" tobacco that I noticed. Only jars of bulk behind the counter, all of which have names that I can only assume are house blends or retitled. I need to look around the Oak Grove end a little more, but there's something kinda skeezy feeling about that part of town so I don't go that way too often. Also, it's headed away from practically everything else I do and everyone I know.

Welcome Billy. I am originally from Nashville and still visit my family there about once a year. Great part of the country!

The Nashville part I would agree with you on if we are talking about Middle-Tennessee. However, if we're just talking about Tennessee as a whole, I would have to point towards East-Tennessee as being much more to my liking. Maybe its a case of burnout on my part, but I really have enjoyed other parts of the country much more than my own backyard. I've also enjoyed a lot of them far less. All in all, back to what you said, Nashville is a good part of the country... though a little hectic at times.

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Welcome brother, looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

Puffer Fish with some spikes smburnette's Avatar

Welcome to the forum.. I am not far from you in southeast Kentucky..

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Welcome Billy!! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay!
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Puffer Fish with some spikes rocker06's Avatar

Welcome Billy, glad to have you here. Enjoy

Name:  puffwelcome2.gif
Views: 53
Size:  29.0 KBWelcome
    From San Diego
    Last edited by Cigar Man Andy; 12-12-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

Welcome from a Kentuckian to the forum. Have lots of fun, thrills and tales to share!

Maturing Puffer Fish Briars&Havanas's Avatar

Welcome!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to Puff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast