Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just another newbie

This is a discussion on Just another newbie within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; New to the site. I am a pipe smoker 1st of all. I am 55 years old, and have always ...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Just another newbie

New to the site.

I am a pipe smoker 1st of all. I am 55 years old, and have always loved pipes. It comes from my youth and loving the smell of my grandpa's and my dad's pipes. I have been collecting pipes since I was about 20 years old when I served in the Air Force in Germany. I was a closet smoker back then, because frankly, I thought a young man barely out of his teens looked goofy smoking a pipe. To me, it just looked like a punk kid trying to look sophisticated. But, that did not deter me from loving pipes, and smoking them in my own home.

Now over 3 decades later, have a pretty respectable collection, and love smoking aromatic tobaccos. I love mild, vanilla, amaretto based tobaccos mostly. I am looking for a forum to socialize with other pipe smokers. I hope to find that here.

Thanks, and God Bless..

Re: Just another newbie

Welcome to Puff Tony! It's good to have you here, especially with all your pipe smoking experience.

Welcome to Puff!

There are several Michiganers (if that is a word) here.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Welcome Tony! You'll find a lot of cigar guys that also do pipes here. There are some great people on the pipe side and I truly hope you can share some wisdom with us all. Thanks for stopping by.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Certified Clubbin'-Seal HugSeal's Avatar

Welcome! I am one of those goofy looking youngsters smoking a pipe while "too young" for it. But wth, pipes are tasty!

don't be afraid to drop by the chat. Apart from the sealclubbers hiding there it is a really nice place
    Bjorn to smoke
    (Credits go to Josh[AStateJB])

Welcome to PUFF hope you enjoy your stay. Merry Christmas and hope your New Year is a safe and happy one.....

James
    For the Love of (__[@}___Cigars__}}}}}
    "I didn't play at collecting. No cigar anywhere was safe from me."~E G R

Welcome aboard Tony and I am sure you will find what you seek here.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Thanks guys.. By the way.. No offense to the young guys smoking in my 1st post, lol.. Maybe I should have said that I looked like a young punk kid trying to look sophisticated.. lol..

I tried to post pics of my current pipe collection, but looks like I need to have a few posts before I can share that. But, I will when my post count rises some, I promise..

Great to be here..

T

Young Fish

welcome I enjoy pipes too

Quote Originally Posted by Tudorp View Post
    Thanks guys.. By the way.. No offense to the young guys smoking in my 1st post, lol.. Maybe I should have said that I looked like a young punk kid trying to look sophisticated.. lol..

I tried to post pics of my current pipe collection, but looks like I need to have a few posts before I can share that. But, I will when my post count rises some, I promise..

Great to be here..

T
    Tony, it'd take a LOT more than that to offend any of us here! Besides, we're all young punks at heart, aren't we?

I'm looking forward to seeing your pipes and tobacco collection.

Merry Christmas, and again, welcome to Puff. We're glad you're here!

Maturing Puffer Fish

After reading my original post, it sounded a little misleading. I was not in the German Air Force, I was in the US Air Force, and served in USAFE (Untited States Air Forces in Europe). It kinda sounded like I was in the German AF in my post.. hehheh..

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Welcome Tony! I hope when I'm 55 I can talk about when I was a punk kid trying to look sophisticated too That sounds like me exactly!

Maturing Puffer Fish

Yeah, my bride considers me just another one of her kids, so yeah, it's all how your mindset it, lol.. When I get enough post counts, I'll show ya my 30 year collective effort. Thanks again for the welcomes..

T

Maturing Puffer Fish

In the meantime, I'll see if I can post a photobucket album..

Maturing Puffer Fish

Here's a link (I hope) to my pipe album. If ya have any questions on any of them, just let me know..

Nope.. Not letting me until I get 30 posts.. So, just put this in your address bar and change whats in the paranphesis to what they are supposed to be for a URL, and hopefully it will take ya to my album.

http(colon forward slash forward slash)s1238(dot)photobucket(dot)com(forward slash)albums(forward slash)ff490(forward slash)Tudorp(forward slash)Pipes(forward slash)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast