Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

New piper in the gold country

This is a discussion on New piper in the gold country within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey there Pipers...I'm definately not new to puff but I am most definately new to the pipe side of the ...

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

New piper in the gold country

Hey there Pipers...I'm definately not new to puff but I am most definately new to the pipe side of the wonderful tobacco leaf! After reading about some of your wonderful piping experiences, I found a couple of pipes at a yard sale and received a free sample of tobacco in the mail...yeah! I'm a piper!!!

Well, my first experience wasn't the best due to a bargain blend, and a funny tasting pipe, but I promise not to give up! I'm now on the lookout for a better pipe and will branch out into some better tobaccos...I thank each of you piping vets for your expertise and kind tutilege! Keep on puffing, and happy new year!

Jason
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

Re: New piper in the gold country

Hi Jason. Welcome to the pipe side. Might I suggest that you check out the Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes thread, where you can get some good stuff to try out. Also, if your pipes are fouled, you might just need to clean them up with some grain alcohol or vodka and some pipe cleaners. If they are really bad, search for salt treatment (here or YouTube) and try that.

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Yeah, if you're looking to put that pipe back in 100% form, check out my restoration thread! Welcome to the classy side of Puff

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Welcome Jason!!

And I guess I'll be the first to say it...... RUN RUN RUN just as fast as your legs can carry you!!! If you thought the cigar side was bad boy do you have another thing coming.

But more seriously, enjoy it Brother and I'm sure with a little time and patients you'll have another huge addiction to add to the list!
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Thanks for the warning and advice! I will check out the restoration thread for sure! I'm also thinking about a corncob pipe...
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

I like the Missouri Meerschaum diplomat. It's one of their better built cobs with a nice size bowl and nice feel to it. Try Aristocob.

Maturing Puffer Fish Briars&Havanas's Avatar

Welcome!

It's funny, I was trying to make my own cob pipe but I can't find any cobs that are reasonably big enough!

So what tools are really needed to properly maintain and enjoy my pipe??

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to Puff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Packerjh View Post
    It's funny, I was trying to make my own cob pipe but I can't find any cobs that are reasonably big enough!

So what tools are really needed to properly maintain and enjoy my pipe??
    Missouri Meerschaum has cross bred their corn like crazy to get a good size and consistency, and even that's not a guarantee. You can make it a long time enjoying your pipe with just a Czech tool and pipe cleaners. You'll need a reamer eventually, but, unless you need to clean up those estate pipes, you're probably okay for now.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber