Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pipe newbie from Ft Worth

This is a discussion on Pipe newbie from Ft Worth within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; How goes it? I've been wanting to get into smoking pipes for quite some time; finally bought my first pipe ...

Pipe newbie from Ft Worth

How goes it?

I've been wanting to get into smoking pipes for quite some time; finally bought my first pipe this past Saturday. Bought my second Savanelli earlier today.

I was going to post a pic of my pipes, but it won't let me due to post count. Anyway, my first one is a bit of a mystery to me. Bought it at Up In Smoke for $50 a couple days ago. It seems to have no finish on it; it's very matte. From what I can tell it's a 504 or 510 style? No idea about the series, though. There isn't much in the way of markings on it. Just the S shield and "ITALY" stamped into one side. Oh well. If anyone could shed some light on it, I'd be appreciative. If not, I won't lose any sleep over it. I still love the design of it anyway.

Today I bought a Sav Tevere 616. I "needed" a curved pipe...

Other hobbies are primarily automotive-related. I have an '01 Mustang Bullitt that I like to flog from time to time. Also have a Basset Hound that takes up a fair amount of my time.

I look forward to digging around here. Seems to be a cool forum.

-Lee

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Re: Pipe newbie from Ft Worth

Nice to see ya around, Lee! Welcome welcome!

Welcome aboard Lee and please dont mention engines as you'll get me started espousing all sorts of shiny things to spend your money on. Also please do not mention Mustangs as you'll never get any peace from 5point0! LOL Just kidding mate, enjoy your time here.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Certified Clubbin'-Seal HugSeal's Avatar

No, he isn't kidding. If you so much as mention a word that rhymes with spark-plug you won't get him quiet for a couple of hours.

Welcome to Puff!
    Bjorn to smoke
    (Credits go to Josh[AStateJB])

Quote Originally Posted by Tashaz View Post
    Welcome aboard Lee and please dont mention engines as you'll get me started espousing all sorts of shiny things to spend your money on. Also please do not mention Mustangs as you'll never get any peace from 5point0! LOL Just kidding mate, enjoy your time here.
    No help needed on that end. I'm a pro at spending (wasting) money on car parts. I typically purchase a car, spend ~6-12 months dumping money into it to make it more fun, get bored of it, sell it, purchase new vehicle, rinse, repeat. I'm 30; the Bullitt is my 25th (as far as I can remember) vehicle.

Honestly, I'm not even a huge Mustang kinda guy. I've ridiculed them and their often douchey ownership for many years. When it came time to find something with decent bang:buck, though... I love the Bullitt. I even like the 4.6L. I'm much more comfortable with OHC engines over pushrods. Of course, working at a BMW/Mercedes shop, OHC is all we really deal with day-in, day-out.

The Bullitt is 95% stock. Wider aftermarket Bullitt knock-offs with 315/35-17 Nitto NT555Rs in the back, a JLT cold air, reflash from American Muscle/Bama Tuning for 93 octane, some Flowmasters, catless X-pipe and a 100 shot of n2o. Nothing major. I'm in desperate need of some rear suspension goodies. If I can stop buying pipes and dart stuff for a week or two, I'll pick up some control arms and Strange shocks...

Ah, hobbies.

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcomes, folks. Great forum. Seems to be you guys have some pretty cool members around here. I look forward to hanging around.

Welcome!

Are you a Screeching Weasel fan or did you just take the logo for your avatar?
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Maturing Puffer Fish Briars&Havanas's Avatar

Welcome, I too am a new pipe enthusiast. I bought a Savinelli on eBay and just got it today. It's a Savinelli de luxe Milano, seems like a fairly nice pipe but I haven't had a chance to really give a good smoke yet.

Maturing Puffer Fish Briars&Havanas's Avatar

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Welcome!

Are you a Screeching Weasel fan or did you just take the logo for your avatar?
    I am, in fact, a Screeching Weasel fan. Admittedly I don't listen to them quite as often as I used to, though. I've used the Weasel as my avatar on internet forums for ~12 years (when I joined my first motorcycle forum and got hooked).

Kind of surprised, honestly. Out of the last 12 years, you're only the 2nd or 3rd person to spot that. Kudos and a +1 on the ring gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviate View Post
    I am, in fact, a Screeching Weasel fan. Admittedly I don't listen to them quite as often as I used to, though. I've used the Weasel as my avatar on internet forums for ~12 years (when I joined my first motorcycle forum and got hooked).

Kind of surprised, honestly. Out of the last 12 years, you're only the 2nd or 3rd person to spot that. Kudos and a +1 on the ring gauge.
    Awesome! I don't listen to them nearly as much either, but I did give the last album a few spins.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Brinson's Avatar

Your pipe sounds like a Savinelli Natural Series. I have one, they're pretty good smokers.

Welcome to the board. I'm in Plano myself so not that far away.

The pipe in question:

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to Puff Lee!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast