Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Greetings From Dalton!

This is a discussion on Greetings From Dalton! within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Thank you for the warm welcome i felt in my initial thread but figured I should introduce myself. My name's ...

Greetings From Dalton!

Thank you for the warm welcome i felt in my initial thread but figured I should introduce myself. My name's David, I am working on becoming a former cigarette smoker by making the transition to pipes. It's working well so far. Originally it was for financial issues, but now i'm embracing it as a hobby and symbolic a bit of the changes in my life. I just turned thirty, and I left my wife right before Thanksgiving, went back to Georgia, dealing with being unemployed and working on the job hunt again. Not fun. But looking forward to being part of this community and learning with the newbies and learning from the pros

Re: Greetings From Dalton!

Welcome aboard David and I hope you enjoy the board.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ten08's Avatar

Welcome David. Wishing you the best of luck in your transition!

Welcome to Puff!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Welcome aboard David from just up the interstate

Young Fish

Welcome! There is a wealth of knowledge on this site so you'll have no trouble learning a thing or two. Good luck on trying to kick the habit!

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    Welcome aboard David from just up the interstate
    Yes I've been to the Hamilton Mall not too long ago, first time i was in Tennessee since 1993 i visiting my Uncle. Not the pipe smoker, he was a cigarette guy. I miss him dearly. We lost him right after Christmas 2008. He lived up in Kingsport.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish z0diac's Avatar

Welcome to the site!

I do most of my pipe smoking on the drive to work. I was smoking 4 cigarettes from the time I left my driveway to the time I left the truck to enter the building. Now I try and smoke my pipe while on the road and cut it down to pipe + 2 smokes. I feel I still need that feeling cigarettes give in the lungs though. It's like scratching an itch that nothing else can reach. But hopefully I'll eventually go 100% pipe/cigar instead of the smokes.

I hope everything falls into place for you. Nothing seems to fix anything better sometimes than just a job to head out the door to each day. Good luck man.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

oops - wrong place

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Welcome!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to Puff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Greetings from Ellijay!

Good luck in quitting cigs & also in your job hunt! I think youll like it here because theres lots of great people, and good info here...
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night. - Unknown