Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Greetings from Turkey

This is a discussion on Greetings from Turkey within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; ...

Newbie in the ocean

Greetings from Turkey

Hello
    I am Burak from Izmir, Turkey.
    Been smoking cigarettes for almost 20 years now, last few years smoking hand rolling ones and finally decided to get a pipe. Wife was faster, gifted me a starter kit with a real decent pipe. It's a Turkish brand, Şahin, good quality briar pipe; half-bent apple I suppose, not really familiar with the terminology yet.
    I got a few more pipes including a clay churchwarden so I can smoke properly; leave the pipes to rest in between smoking sessions.
    Biggest problem I am having is finding good tobacco, I have access to some Captain Black blends (2 of them), MacBaren blends and Amphora Full Aroma and some Backwoods All Natural with a Cherry! writing on it; it sure doesn't smell or smoke like natural. And of course Yayladağ and Turk Pipo Tütünü (Turkish Pipe Tobacco), 2 Turkish blends from Tabac Turk.
    MacBarens' are the 7Seas blends and also the Original Choice blends. I find that blending Original choice with TPT I can get a, well, half decent, smoke.
    As a result of smoking cigarettes for almost 20 years I am pretty much immune to mild :) I didn't like aromatics, tried a few; can't really get anything out of them. Would love to try some English blends as I think the nicotine punch and the full taste will be to my liking.
    No local tobacco shops here, no access to import tobaccos other than a few. Strict laws preventing people from opening tobacco shops and of course the almost non existant interest in pipes.

Any fellow Turkish smokers here? I would love to get some tips on where to find tobacco etc

Anyway, cheers people.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: Greetings from Turkey

Welcome to Puff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Welcome to Puff!!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Maturing Puffer Fish

Puff.coma hosgeldiniz!

Howdy and welcome from Michigan USA.

We stopped at your area while on a cruise a couple of years ago, truly a beautiful place.

Best regards, tony

It's a shame you don't have any local shops. My favorite pipe tobaccos feature leaf from Izmir. But at least you probably get to pick through the all the meerschaums before they head over here. Welcome to Puff.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Newbie in the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by aea6574 View Post
    Howdy and welcome from Michigan USA.

We stopped at your area while on a cruise a couple of years ago, truly a beautiful place.

Best regards, tony
    Ah yes? Glad you liked it.
    Right back at you.

Quote Originally Posted by corpsegrinder View Post
    Puff.coma hosgeldiniz!
    Sağol
    You got me confused for a second!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Welcome to Puff!!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Welcome to Puff!
    Cheers, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    It's a shame you don't have any local shops. My favorite pipe tobaccos feature leaf from Izmir. But at least you probably get to pick through the all the meerschaums before they head over here. Welcome to Puff.
    Yes it is right?
    Not a fan of meers actually. People think I am crazy when I say it though, am I crazy?

Maturing Puffer Fish

I speak a *little bit* of turkish so I try to show off whenever I can LOL