Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

New Arkansas Piper

This is a discussion on New Arkansas Piper within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Well, I'm taking the leap. I tried smoking a pipe several years ago, but didn't have anyone to help me ...

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

New Arkansas Piper

Well, I'm taking the leap. I tried smoking a pipe several years ago, but didn't have anyone to help me with the mechanics of it, or with picking blends, so I had zero luck! I've been an active member on the cigar side of the forum for a little over 3 months now, and lately I've become more and more interested in picking up a pipe again. Thanks to a very generous piper here I will be getting a pipe tomorrow! I've already signed up for the newb trade and I can't wait to try piping again, the right way, with help from the very knowledgeable pipers here!

Anyway... My name is Josh and I live in central Arkansas. I already know a few of you who also frequent the cigar side and can't wait to share this second slope with you.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Re: New Arkansas Piper

I figured this was your first pipe. I was going to put a tamper in there for you, but I couldn't find one (they hide sometime; you'll figure that out quickly enough). They're cheap, though. About $3-4 at a B&M for a Czech tool, less for a Chinese one, but you really don't want a Chinese one. But you'll need a tamper or a reasonable substitute (spent rifle casings or heavily calloused fingers work surprisingly well).
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Welcome Josh. There seems to be a lot of familiar faces in the newest freshman class. LOL
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    I figured this was your first pipe. I was going to put a tamper in there for you, but I couldn't find one (they hide sometime; you'll figure that out quickly enough). They're cheap, though. About $3-4 at a B&M for a Czech tool, less for a Chinese one, but you really don't want a Chinese one. But you'll need a tamper or a reasonable substitute (spent rifle casings or heavily calloused fingers work surprisingly well).
    No worries, Tom! I'm sure i can find a makeshift tamper until I get to the B&M or order one online. I appreciate the generous trade, with or without a tamper! I have a meerschaum in storage, but it's a cheapy and it's damaged, so I was planning on getting a new one anyway. But like I said I had NO help when I tried piping the first time, so I didn't even know about tampers. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mcgreggor57 View Post
    Welcome Josh. There seems to be a lot of familiar faces in the newest freshman class. LOL
    Ain't that the truth!
    Last edited by AStateJB; 01-27-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    Hangin' out with Friends

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to Puff!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Removed per request

Hi Josh, lots of good stuff here on the pipe side. Have fun!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Keith View Post
    Hi Josh, lots of good stuff here on the pipe side. Have fun!
    Son of a Gun how the hell are ya?
    Glad yo see you back!
    Take that Smack boom pang R/G Twang!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix