Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Potential Pipe Proselyte in Prague

This is a discussion on Potential Pipe Proselyte in Prague within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello everyone, I must say that from my lurking this seems like a great friendly community. Until 1.5 years ago ...

Newbie in the ocean

Potential Pipe Proselyte in Prague

Hello everyone,

I must say that from my lurking this seems like a great friendly community. Until 1.5 years ago I had smoked nothing except second hand smoke and that one puff I had of a cigarette when I was 13, then in the lead up to my best friends wedding I had 2 cigars (as he had found this new interest since I was last in the states) and one more last time I visited. The thing is whilst I enjoyed it, especially as a social thing the price and nature of cigars just didn't have much appeal. Well recently another friend got a pipe for his birthday and I have gotten to try a couple of half bowls and was surprised (as I was with cigars) that I liked it. Especially as I really have not been able to stand 90% of cigarette smoke all my life.

Any way to cut to the chase I am heavily looking into getting my own pipe soon, I would like to give my friends pipe another try (hopefully with improving technique) and scout out tobacconists around here.

Re: Potential Pipe Proselyte in Prague

Hi Craig, welcome! It's always nice to have some "internationals" around here!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Newbie in the ocean

Thanks for the welcome.

I realise that I did not make clear that I am actually an Englishmen, who lived in Texas for a year (therefore some of my closest friends are there) and I have now been living in Prague for 2.5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreggurree View Post
    Thanks for the welcome.

I realise that I did not make clear that I am actually an Englishmen, who lived in Texas for a year (therefore some of my closest friends are there) and I have now been living in Prague for 2.5 years.
    Wow, that's... That's all over the place!

Let us know how the tobacconist search goes!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

to Puff Craig! Even if you do have a propensity to punctuate your prattle with "p"s.
    Hangin' out with Friends

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

As an ardent advocate of alliteration, I approve of AstateJB's allusion to your admirable and appreciated application of the aforementioned alliteration!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Disillusioned Freethinker AStateJB's Avatar

I personally got proper pleasure from his plainly pronounced proclamation of his profound preference for Puff.

I'll stop hijacking your thread now, Craig. Glad to have you with us! You should try out the cigar side sometime too.
    Hangin' out with Friends

Going against the grain, the gracious Kreggurree ingratiates himself in this growing group with his grasp of good grammar. Gratefully, I greet you sir.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Goodness gracious, guys! Good going, gang!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Newbie in the ocean

This Englishman exults at the exclamations his effectuation elicited.

Thank you for the welcomes, I am delighted how my simple desire for a non-boring title created such a response.

Welcome to Puff!! Howdy to a Brother across the pond.

Wait til you hit the slope.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to Puff!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Newbie in the ocean

Well I found 3 tobacconists over the weekend that sold pipes and had a range (I hesitate from saying wide) of pipe tobacco. I was hoping that they would have pipes that were only a little bit more than their equivalents online but unfortunately they were a larger jump in price, which makes me sad as I would like to support the local but I am on a tight budget. I guess I will just have to find a baccy I like and buy that from them. So now I am just waiting on a couple of things, having another go on my friends pipe and my bank to send me my replacement card.

I think I will venture back to one of the shops in search of a Cob and look for one of the blends recommended for newbies.

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

I'm surprised that no one has suggested Peterson's Perfect Plug to you, given your propensity to propagate the letter P!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

Welcome to puff man, there are plenty of resources on here to help you out with anything you need!
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff