Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Teetering on the top of this slope...trying to find my footing !

This is a discussion on Teetering on the top of this slope...trying to find my footing ! within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey guys ! Keith here in Mass, some of you may know me from the rolled version of this community ...

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes BlackandGold508's Avatar

Teetering on the top of this slope...trying to find my footing !

Hey guys ! Keith here in Mass, some of you may know me from the rolled version of this community ! I was in my local B&M the other day just looking around, and couldnt help but to mozy over to the pipe and tabacco section. All of it is jibberish to me, but some of the pipes were beautiful, and it brought back memories of a friend i grew up with. His dad had a little den off the living room, and the smell when we would walk in from playing outside has stuck with me. The shop has a nice little collection of corn cobs as well. The place was busy so i didnt get to ask any questions. Is a cob pipe a good way to start to see if this is something i will enjoy ? Are the tabaccos they have there good ones to start with ? Thanks Guys !!!!

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Re: Teetering on the top of this slope...trying to find my footing !

Hahahahaha..

Another one bites the dust.
    Duh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

If you can talk to the tobacconist, you should let him give you the spiel. That is almost certainly going to give you the best results. Fondle all the pipes, smell all the tobaccos and have fun picking everything out.
    If it's still busy and he can't spend a lot of time with you, you could do worse than grabbing a corncob and an ounce of Lane 1Q.

But, yeah, if you're not sure if you'll like it (spoiler: you will), a corncob is a great way to find out.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

hahahaha ! Not quite yet....lol

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

Well you should take the jump and slide down that slope! As you know there are plenty of pipers on here to steer you in the right direciton!
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

The water is fine and not very deep. Come on in, no really...

For the record, I really enjoy my cob.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Hi Keith

I am a noob at pipes as well. A bit intimidating at first for sure. I after much experimenting i have found i like Flake tobacco best. The burn the taste the way it packs in the pipe. I use the Frank method to load the pipe there is a video on you tube. Escoudo, Orlick Golden sliced, Mac Baren navy flake are my favorites. It doesn't replace a good cigar but it is a change of pace.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    If you can talk to the tobacconist, you should let him give you the spiel. That is almost certainly going to give you the best results. Fondle all the pipes, smell all the tobaccos and have fun picking everything out.
    If it's still busy and he can't spend a lot of time with you, you could do worse than grabbing a corncob and an ounce of Lane 1Q.

But, yeah, if you're not sure if you'll like it (spoiler: you will), a corncob is a great way to find out.
    I am not of a fan of my B&M, i have had three very bad experiences in there and prefer not to give them anymore of my money, hell, they basically even told me that when the clerk said, i was better off buying my cigars online, he doesnt have time to compare pricing. But anyway, lol...I got a ton of help in chat last night, and plan on putting an online order in for a nice Gentlemens Bent Cob, tool, and cleaners...not sure about baccy yet . Thanks Tom !!

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
    Well you should take the jump and slide down that slope! As you know there are plenty of pipers on here to steer you in the right direciton!
    Ya, you guys are pretty Awesome !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mcgreggor57 View Post
    The water is fine and not very deep. Come on in, no really...

For the record, I really enjoy my cob.
    Nice, i am looking VERY forward to it !!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Hi Keith

I am a noob at pipes as well. A bit intimidating at first for sure. I after much experimenting i have found i like Flake tobacco best. The burn the taste the way it packs in the pipe. I use the Frank method to load the pipe there is a video on you tube. Escoudo, Orlick Golden sliced, Mac Baren navy flake are my favorites. It doesn't replace a good cigar but it is a change of pace.
    Thanks for the info Tony !!! Def not looking to replace my new found love of You Know Whats !!! lol. But like you said, a change of pace !!!