Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Hello

This is a discussion on Hello within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; While I'm not really a piper, I am interested in the craft. I have been wondering what differs in the ...

Hello

While I'm not really a piper, I am interested in the craft. I have been wondering what differs in the production of the tobacco between pipe and cigar tobaccos. Do they use different strains, different grow techniques and harvest times, and how does the curing process work? I've been thinking about growing some tobacco this year, and would rather grow pipe tobacco leaf (lots of pipers in our area I could give free samples to in order to receive feedback), than cigar leaf. It seems that it would be a new challenge and I love those.

Does anyone have any links by chance that would explain what I"m looking for? I appreciate the read, and if you have time to answer, thanks again.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: Hello

Welcome to Puff!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Welcome to Puff!!

I do recall seeing a post or two on growing tobacco. Hang around awhile and you will see the info you seek, or, try your hand at the search button. Some times, not always, when I do a search, I find something I look for.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Welcome to Puff, brother!

welcome to puff.com

I do recall seeing a post or two on growing tobacco. Hang around awhile and you will see the info you seek, or, try your hand at the search button. Some times, not always, when I do a search, I find something I look for.
    I normally would have, but the other day when in the chat room (I've been a cigar smoking member of Puff for a bit now), and asked the same question to pipers that were in there, they said to go post the question as they didn't believe it had been asked before and also wanted to know the info. Thanks for the warm welcome folks!