Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Warm Greetings from Sunny New Jersey

This is a discussion on Warm Greetings from Sunny New Jersey within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Haha just kidding about the sunny part! Im Chris! And i just thought itd be appropriate to introduce myself here. ...

Talking Warm Greetings from Sunny New Jersey

Haha just kidding about the sunny part!

Im Chris! And i just thought itd be appropriate to introduce myself here. I'm relatively new to tobaccos in general, I started off with a sampler of cigars, and moved onto a 48qt coolidor within a week (I've since grown completely out of it! Lol!)

I was reading all I could and buying all I could off the devil site and even tried to make my contributions with some hygrometer accessory reviews, and than that's when I stumbled into the piper fish forum! I've been doing hours of reading and searching, and went crazy looking for a drug store that sold a MM corncob and something other than a $35 tub of captain black.

I got a corncob but I couldn't find a small pouch to sample to see if I'd be into pipes but I read more then enough on here that convinced me I would!

I was placing an order from my beloved JR for some Mr B'a when I threw in some pipe cleaners and a tin of PA cherry vanilla, I ended up reading a bit more and said I'd like something highly recomended, mild, and good for the drive to work in the morning.

I settled on a $10 tin of Dunhills early morning pipe. And I'm so excited waiting for it I even went out and bought a masonry jar for it!

Id really like to get my hands on some more types or maybe a bulk sampler but I have no idea where to go to except my local JR who is at the very least unenjoyable to visit. So I'm trying my best to learn from you guys! I feel like a pipe noob, the same as offering my girlfriend a CC or a Ron Mexico! (not that I've had the benefit of trying a CC! :P)

Well that's me! Thanks a lot for reading!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

Re: Warm Greetings from Sunny New Jersey

Welcome to Puff! Im sure you will find all the info you need on here just by browsing the General Pipe forum, if no just post a new thread, and even if you dont want to do that you can private message any of us and we will be glad to help. Enjoy!
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Haha welcome, man! Lemme tell ya, you did good grabbing that Early Morning Pipe. I usually recommend a mild english as a starter blend for cigar guys, EMP is exactly that!

Welcome, where in NJ are you from?

Welcome to Puff from cloudy and cold Florida!!!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

I'm in the NE, Bergen County. Garfield to be more exact. I think my name and info/bio is in my profile, but I don't know if it works.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to PUFF bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great forum best there is your gonna like it here!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Welcome to puff!

I just received my early morning pipe and at first the smell of almost a roast or beef jerky made me scared for what I've done, but than after takign a few more whiffs I got really into it and it really smells wonderful! I'm excited to try it.

My next question is, should I leave it in the tin (although the cover seems very loose fitting and hard to get on tight) or should I transfer it over to a mason jar I bought (after washing it out). Is the mason jar for long term storing or can I, and should I use it for temporary storing?

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

Throw it in the a jar, make sure it is dry before you put the tobacco in also so it doesnt get moldy, mason jars are the best for any kind of storing because they are air tight and they dont leak smells. And the beef jerky you smell is some good old Latakia, this is in English/Balkan blends, so if you end up liking it you now what to look for.
    Pipes, Cigars and Snuff

Thank you for replying! I threw it in the jar and I was worried it'd take up 1/5th of the jar and leave all the room for air, but it took up most of the jar! I guess it's really condensed in that can or it's just a small jar! !!!

I already love the smell even before smoking it, so I'm already anticipating future purchases! I can't wait to be able to trade so I can try a few different brands!

I grew up in Fair Lawn. My buddies own Pips in Harrison ave.

Welcome to puff.com you will def like it here.
    Www.yougrowillmowinc.com
    Living on coffee and cigars, and loving it

I tried it and I thought it was wonderful! I had to relight a few times and didn't have a tamper though. I only made a 1/4 of a bowl though. I really enjoyed it and plan to have a morning bowl! As they call it Early Morning Pipe! On my lunch I tried to smoke the rest but it wasn't very good, maybe it was relighting ash?

After smoking do I shake out the ash?

Also when I cleaned it with a pipe cleaner a small round piece of paper with holes came out on it, should I be worrie about that? Also I cleaned the inside of the bowl and it's sill black but nothing in it? How much is considered cake?

Thank you!