Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got my first pipe!

This is a discussion on Got my first pipe! within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I nabbed a Nording Signature Freehand Natural last week, it just got here today and I can't post pics from ...

Got my first pipe!

I nabbed a Nording Signature Freehand Natural last week, it just got here today and I can't post pics from this friggin iPad. Beautiful pipe though and the guy cleaned it so well. All I did was disinfect the stem. Nothing came out even when using the pipe cleaners. For 50 bucks, I think I did well. I'll try to get a pic up here. I smoked my first bowl out of it a little while ago, Orelik Golden Sliced.

Re: Got my first pipe!

$50 isn't bad at all for an estate Signature. As for the tobacco choice, I think you might find that Englishes smoke better in that large bowl than Virginias and VaPers do. Not to say you can't and shouldn't smoke whatever you want in it. Just an observation I've seen to be true more often than not.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Point taken, I really know very little about tobaccos and am reading up on them. This tobacco was difficuly to keep lit. I like something strong so I tried it. Not sure what I thought of it yet.

I wouldn't call Orlik's strong. It's pretty good, but you can find stronger. I'd look at the GL Pease blends. They're almost all stronger than that one.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Ok thanks.

I use my Nording Sig Freehand for Englishes too, Tommy.

It is a great pipe, Scott, and it will serve you well!
    Never trust anyone over 30.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Nice pipe Scott enjoy!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Puffer Fish with some spikes imperial Stout's Avatar

Nice!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Aahhhh Scott - welcome to a new slope from a fellow pipe noob. I've looked at new Nording Signature Freehands and they are GORGEOUS! So nice find on the estate one. I can't offer you ANY advice on what to smoke or what to smoke it out of, but I'd be happy to compare notes with you as we both tumble down this hill! And PS - I have thoroughly enjoyed the pipe side so far. It's a new learning curve but there is something quite enjoyable about just 'sipping' away on your pipe that's different than cigars

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Aschecte's Avatar

Congrats on the pipe !!! I don't smoke a pipe but I keep telling myself someday I will. good smoking -Aaron

Shawn, I'd like take you up on your offering of comparing notes, thank you. I am researching some baccy so I can dig into this pipe. I have to tell you that this pipe is in meticulous shape. Nothing even came out of the stem when I ran a cleaner down it. I will try to post a pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmso54 View Post
    Aahhhh Scott - welcome to a new slope from a fellow pipe noob. I've looked at new Nording Signature Freehands and they are GORGEOUS! So nice find on the estate one. I can't offer you ANY advice on what to smoke or what to smoke it out of, but I'd be happy to compare notes with you as we both tumble down this hill! And PS - I have thoroughly enjoyed the pipe side so far. It's a new learning curve but there is something quite enjoyable about just 'sipping' away on your pipe that's different than cigars

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    Shawn, I'd like take you up on your offering of comparing notes, thank you. I am researching some baccy so I can dig into this pipe. I have to tell you that this pipe is in meticulous shape. Nothing even came out of the stem when I ran a cleaner down it. I will try to post a pic.
    cool - should be fun

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes jswaykos's Avatar

Can't wait to see a pic! A Nording signature natural freehand was one of my first pick ups, too:

I'm falling hard down the slope... think I've gotten about 7 pipes in the past month or so. I love them! I'm still learning what tobaccos I like, and to be honest a lot of them taste the same to me, but I went through the same thing with cigars so I'm confident I'll "figure it out" in time. I'm sure enjoying trying, though.
    Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scottw View Post
    I believe it the pipe is gorgeous thanks for sending the picture enjoy BRO!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by jswaykos View Post
    Can't wait to see a pic! A Nording signature natural freehand was one of my first pick ups, too:

I'm falling hard down the slope... think I've gotten about 7 pipes in the past month or so. I love them! I'm still learning what tobaccos I like, and to be honest a lot of them taste the same to me, but I went through the same thing with cigars so I'm confident I'll "figure it out" in time. I'm sure enjoying trying, though.
    Great looking pipe bro, I like how they color over time, it will look awesome

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    I believe it the pipe is gorgeous thanks for sending the picture enjoy BRO!
    Thanks buddy, if you can post the pic for me that would be sweet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast