Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Hello from Arizona......

This is a discussion on Hello from Arizona...... within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Started smoking pipes 50+ years ago, then gave them up for the convenience of cigarettes. Since I'm retired now, and ...

Newbie in the ocean

Hello from Arizona......

Started smoking pipes 50+ years ago, then gave them up for the convenience of cigarettes. Since I'm retired now, and not at the mercy of convenience, and with quality cigarettes here at $6-$9/pack, I'm back to my pipes. Started on Kaywoodies, and I've resurrected those first pipes. I only wish I could find a cache of my favorite old tobacco........Balkan Sobranie. I've found a new (replacement) "Balkan Mixture" from Gawith & Hoggarth, but it just doesn't have the great flavor intensity of the original Balkan Sobranie. Or maybe, 40 or so years have taken a toll on my taste buds!

In my search for additional Kaywoodies, I'm sure I'll look to knowlegeable people here for advice on buying and restoration of vintage Kaywoodies. Hope you'' be patient with me......

Allen

Re: Hello from Arizona......

Welcome to Puff!!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Welcome to Puff. You might also try Balkan Sasieni, Balkan Supreme, Super Balkan or the new, rereleased Balkan Sobranie. If those don't work, make your way through the GL Pease blends, maybe starting with Meridian, as I hear that one's close. There's a world of tobacco out there to try. I'm sure we can help you find something you like.
    Enabler, Philosopher and Resident Imbiber

Newbie in the ocean

Thanks for the suggestions Tom. I've been sampling some blends from the local tobacco shop, and found the newly released Balkan Sobranie on a couple of web site tobacconists. But the two sites that offer the newly released Sobranie are out of stock. I'll try some of your suggestions. Do you have a recommended supplier?

Puffer Fish with some spikes imperial Stout's Avatar

Welcome, fellow Arizonan!