Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Hullo from Australia

This is a discussion on Hullo from Australia within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hi everybody, Just discovered this place and thought I'd better register before having a look around. I've been smoking pipes ...

Newbie in the ocean

Hullo from Australia

Hi everybody,
    Just discovered this place and thought I'd better register before having a look around.
    I've been smoking pipes for only a couple of years now and should have started it long ago.
    Down here in Sydney there is a small pipe scene, we pay too much for tobacco so choices are limited. We do get a few varieties but nowhere near what is available in the USA or Europe. And about 3 times the cost. Our government taxes all tobacco heavily.

Currently I'm smoking things like Blue Note, Peterson's connosieurs choice, and Dunhill Nightcap.

Started off with a cheap locally made pipe which smokes really well, I still use it a lot. Then I got an unsmoked 1995 Astley off ebay along with a large IMP Meer and I'm currently waiting on a lovely Mario Grandi giant to come from the USA.

A recent trip to the tobacco shops of Europe almost broke my heart, I must go back soon and do some shopping.

Anyway, that's my story, thanks for having me here.

Re: Hullo from Australia

Welcome to the forum Martin.

Welcome to Puff!!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Puffer Fish with some spikes Jogi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Hi everybody,
    Just discovered this place and thought I'd better register before having a look around.
    I've been smoking pipes for only a couple of years now and should have started it long ago.
    Down here in Sydney there is a small pipe scene, we pay too much for tobacco so choices are limited. We do get a few varieties but nowhere near what is available in thepe. USA or Euro And about 3 times the cost. Our government taxes all tobacco heavily.

Currently I'm smoking things like Blue Note, Peterson's connosieurs choice, and Dunhill Nightcap.

Started off with a cheap locally made pipe which smokes really well, I still use it a lot. Then I got an unsmoked 1995 Astley off ebay along with a large IMP Meer and I'm currently waiting on a lovely Mario Grandi giant to come from the USA.

A recent trip to the tobacco shops of Europe almost broke my heart, I must go back soon and do some shopping.

Anyway, that's my story, thanks for having me here.
    Welcome to the fold Martin. The US is Pipe Smokers' Heaven... We from the lesser fortunate (pipe and Leaf wise) corners of the world know it, don't we?
    Happy Puffin'!!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome Martin!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix