Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Greetings y'all!

This is a discussion on Greetings y'all! within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I've been a member of this community for a few years now. However, something strange has happened to me. I've ...

Greetings y'all!

I've been a member of this community for a few years now.

However, something strange has happened to me.

I've been an avid cigar smoker for these last three years, and just in this past month, I have lost all desire and liking for cigars. I even tried new ones I've never tried before and was left unimpressed. It was as if I had experienced all there was to experience with cigars.

So, I am going to try pipes now. I have smoked pipes before and always enjoyed them, but it was mere dabbling. I am going to try to get seriously into this art form.

Any advice that could be given about particular brands/blends of tobacco would be appreciated. I like both Aromatic and Non-Aromatic, so that makes it easy I guess.

I also have a question about basket pipes, as that's all I own. Let's say I bought a $150 brand name pipe, where would the actual vent hole that leads to the stem be? My basket pipe's goes in down through the side into the bowl. Are there pipes that have the drilled in and under to the middle of the bowl?

I can't wait to get all kinds of new tobacco to try, I currently have a few but nothing worth mentioning, well, maybe Old Toby needs mentioning, but that's it.

May your lighters be full and your bowls be burning!
    You might find that smoke blown out clears your mind of shadows within.

Full grown Puffer Fish birdiemc's Avatar

Re: Greetings y'all!

its a shame you had to give up on cigars...i guess if you need to dispose of the rest of your stash I know a guy,

Welcome to the other side of Puff!

The slope is just as slippery.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Trust me, the cigars that I have left are nothing to lust after. Just about 4 blender's gold pantellas.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome back glad to see you again Russ!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

It's good to be back Tony!