Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Greetings From Wasaga Beach, Ontario Canada

This is a discussion on Greetings From Wasaga Beach, Ontario Canada within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello everyone. I have been bitten by the pipe bug thanks to a number of members in the straight razor ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes Derrick_Y's Avatar

Greetings From Wasaga Beach, Ontario Canada

Hello everyone. I have been bitten by the pipe bug thanks to a number of members in the straight razor community. I live about 2 hours North of Toronto and not a whole lot of Tobacco shops close by. Ordered a Savinelli from 4noggins yesterday to get me started and 2oz of a 4noggins blend and 2oz of Carter Hall. The carter Hall seemed to come recommended from the razors guys so I am starting with that. the package also came with a few other necessary items to get me started, but if it is anything like the razor world I am sure I will be ordering again soon and scouring Antique and other various places for estate finds.

Anyway just wanted to throw out an introduction and see if there were any other Canadians around. Really Curious to see what happens when the tobacco from 4 noggins hits the border. Will it get held up and delayed or is it pretty standard affair.

Also another questions for any Canadians. If this package gets held up is there any starter tobacco you would suggest that one can normally find in local stores. I know some sites refer to drug store blends, but here in Canada our drugstores do not sell anything of the sort.

Re: Greetings From Wasaga Beach, Ontario Canada

Welcome to Puff!!

Sorry, can not offer Canadian advice since I am from the other side of the continent. I do know the Population of Canada has been increasing, all of them are leaving here and going home now.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

thanks for the Welcome!

My order shipped from 4noggins today at noon. with any luck and Canada Post Willing I will see it by the fall. Well maybe 3 weeks if I am lucky

Welcome!

I get my 4noggins orders 5-7 business days after he ships it. I have had it shipped on a Sunday and received on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by blackadam View Post
    Welcome!

I get my 4noggins orders 5-7 business days after he ships it. I have had it shipped on a Sunday and received on Friday.
    that is really good. I did choose the cheapest shipping option "USPS First class Mail International Package". The other options were 40.00+ dollars and on a 55.00 order that did not make sense. So if it is a Tad slower that will be my own fault. I just know with some Straight Razors and Soaps that I order sometimes the delay is stupid long.

Adam out of curiosity what do you usually pay in duties on tobacco from 4noggins. The one tobacco is included in the Savinelli Starter set. Was supposed to be Capt Black but was switched for a 4 Noggins blend so not sure how they will put a value on that tobacco as it was included. Then I added 2oz(6.00 worth) of Carter Hill.

I figure if the duties on the tobacco are less than 30.00 I am still winning.

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

welcome fellow canadian!

I always take the cheapest USPS option.
    Also, dont worry about the duties.

@John, is that our Great Leader in your avatar?

Lol yes that is stephen harper and I.

good eye, RG bump for you sir

JohnB, am I correct you are also a member at B&B?

woohoo! What is his Right Honorable like in person?

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick_Y View Post
    JohnB, am I correct you are also a member at B&B?

uh oh, you following me now? JK yes I am, not very active on B&B these days. what is your user name on B&B?

Wasaga_joe on B&B and dyimages on SRP.

I keep trying to get more involved on B&B but the amount of straight Razor stuff is minimal compared to the DE

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick_Y View Post
    Wasaga_joe on B&B and dyimages on SRP.

I keep trying to get more involved on B&B but the amount of straight Razor stuff is minimal compared to the DE
    fair enough, i got rid of most of my stuff, i got 2 straights which i am going to sell anf 3 de's and 2 brushes... i am never home to enjoy them, cigars i can bring with me for work and enjoy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast