Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Pipe noob in Chino Hills, CA checking in!

This is a discussion on Pipe noob in Chino Hills, CA checking in! within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hi everyone, Thanks to the awesome brothers at puff.com I've expanded my tobacco palate to include pipes! I recently bought ...

Maduro?

Pipe noob in Chino Hills, CA checking in!

Hi everyone,

Thanks to the awesome brothers at puff.com I've expanded my tobacco palate to include pipes! I recently bought a cheap corn cob pipe from the local b&m and some loose pipe tobacco. It tasted like crap, but I'm hooked! Now I'm putting together an order for some MM cobs and tobacco. I've got Carter Hall and Five Brothers in the cart now. Any recommendations to expand my palate?? Anyone local to Chino Hills?

Puffer Fish with many spikes WWhermit's Avatar

Re: Pipe noob in Chino Hills, CA checking in!

Welcome to the pipe side! You may want to check out David's Gifts and Tobacco, located at Victoria Gardens, next to The Hat. She has a pretty decent selection of tobaccos for you to try. Their bulk is ok, they also have Peter Stokkebye's selections in bulk. That's probably the best selection I've found around the Inland Empire.

I've called Wrightwood home for the past several years. Good to have another pipe smoker around!

WWhermit
    A person starts to live when he can live outside himself. -Albert Einstein
    My humble cellar.

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

It's a whole 'nother slope Michael, welcome! Prince Albert is a great straight forward tobacco to have on hand. Easy to smoke and no bite. If you haven't already, jump into the NPST. For the price of a tin drop shipped you'll get a bunch of different baccy's to sample.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

Maduro?

Thanks for the tip Hermit and McGreggor. I checked out Master Tobacco in Chino Hills and it was terrible. I'll definitely check out David's.

I like the pass idea. That's how I tried and sent a bunch of cigars when I first started.

I'm watching you.

Welcome! I'm a seasoned cigar smoker and pipe newb from Apple Valley, CA -- just up the freeway from you

We have herfs once a month, you should join us!
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Welcome to the Pipe Side!
    Dale

Puffer Fish with some spikes Derrick_Y's Avatar

Welcome to the pipe side! I will second the NPS trade. Great way to gather momentum down this slippery slope

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to puff
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix