Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

A newb with some questions

This is a discussion on A newb with some questions within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hi there. I'm 22 and a grad student studying psychology. I smoke once in a while just to get my ...

Newbie in the ocean

A newb with some questions

Hi there. I'm 22 and a grad student studying psychology.

I smoke once in a while just to get my mind off some things, and naturally started looking into smoking pipes.
    I'm in Los Angeles for the summer and would like someone to recommend me a good pipe store and tobacco for a beginner. I don't have a preference about tobacco, I'd just have to try different kinds, like Virginia, Turkish, Burley, etc. I never realized there were so many varieties, with different styles (Canadian style, English style, etc), curing methods, and even different cuts! It's like an art, even.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I hope that I can learn to enjoy pipe smoking as much as you all do.

Tim

Re: A newb with some questions

Welcome to Puff!!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Quote Originally Posted by stgermaine View Post
    Hi there. I'm 22 and a grad student studying psychology.

I smoke once in a while just to get my mind off some things, and naturally started looking into smoking pipes.
    I'm in Los Angeles for the summer and would like someone to recommend me a good pipe store and tobacco for a beginner. I don't have a preference about tobacco, I'd just have to try different kinds, like Virginia, Turkish, Burley, etc. I never realized there were so many varieties, with different styles (Canadian style, English style, etc), curing methods, and even different cuts! It's like an art, even.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and I hope that I can learn to enjoy pipe smoking as much as you all do.

Tim
    Welcome to the forum Tim. There are many that can answer your question better than I as I am not in the same country so I would advise you to start a thread in the general pipe forum asking this same question, it is to your benefit as you may receive more replies.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Andrewdk's Avatar

Welcome aboard and enjoy the forum.
    In regards to tobacco types there are a lot of recent recommendation threads you might find useful, no harm in starting your own either.
    Definitely post a thread in the general pipe forum if you're looking for a store. Although from what I can gather unless there is a specific pipe tobacco store around most guys order online.
    The land of milk and honey, a safe haven and the last bastion of freedom - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/andrewdk

Welcome Aboard Tim!
    Dale

Get yourself over to the pipe section of the forum, specifically here: Newbie Sampler Trade for Pipes
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Puffer Fish with many spikes zephead61's Avatar

I will not look into the swaying watch! Welcome tim!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix