Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So I guess I have to do this now

This is a discussion on So I guess I have to do this now within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Some of my BOTL and SOTL have got me onto this downward slope. I haven't tried it yet but going ...

Happiness is a MA DUCE 03Jarhead's Avatar

So I guess I have to do this now

Some of my BOTL and SOTL have got me onto this downward slope. I haven't tried it yet but going to try the corn cob this afternoon if it isn't to hot. I think i got the idea down now just have to put it to use. I will update how my first pipe was after i try it. thank you to those that got me started and I think I already found my next pipe if i like it.
    The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it-The American flag flies from the last breath of each ,military member who has died protecting it

Re: So I guess I have to do this now

About time my friend.

Remember, packing it easy, fill the bowl up loosely, use the tamper tool to push down gently, take a puff, it should draw very easily, almost like it did with nothing in it, fill the bowl again, push down again, a little harder this time, take another puff, should have a little more resistance, though still somewhat free, fill one last time if room, push down a little harder, should be a little more resistance. If you have to suck harder than you would for drinking a soda through a straw or a melted milk shake, then it's probably packed too tight.

Light the sucker up, take a few quick puffs to char the top tobacco, then let it go out, use the tamper to make a nice flat top. Relight, use long puffs this time, and when lit, use the tamper and make a few more puffs, you're pushing the ember into the tobacco, don't push too hard, just enough pressure to push any tobacco that's expanded back down. Draw should be about the same.

Then as you smoke, take your time, it may and probably will go out, no big deal. Also use your tamper from time to time to continually push the ember down to new tobacco. After some trial runs, you'll be an expert.

Puffer Fish with many spikes johnb's Avatar

Welcome to the slope Romeo. I started on pipes and got thrown down the cigar slope myself... Same idea and hey isn't that what friends are for

Leading Puffer Fish

You'll want to start stocking up on mason jars right about now for bulk tobacco purchases.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Hannibal's Avatar

Welcome to this side of the slope Brother!

If you take your time I'm sure you'll find it enjoyable.
    My Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/hannibal
    Proud to have served 1988-2000 U.S. Army!!

Quote Originally Posted by MontyTheMooch View Post
    You'll want to start stocking up on mason jars right about now for bulk tobacco purchases.

I have plenty of jars for my homemade apple pie moonshine lol
    The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it-The American flag flies from the last breath of each ,military member who has died protecting it

i want to get out side to try it but is is like 90+ out today so no smoking till it get cooler

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by 03Jarhead View Post
    I have plenty of jars for my homemade apple pie moonshine lol

Damn....gotta make me some o dat......

Quote Originally Posted by MontyTheMooch View Post
    Damn....gotta make me some o dat......
    maybe one day you will

so I had 2 bowls 2 day and i am hooked

Quote Originally Posted by 03Jarhead View Post
    so I had 2 bowls 2 day and i am hooked

Pipers. Are. Borg.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by hardcz View Post
    ... you're pushing the ember into the tobacco, don't push too hard, just enough pressure to push any tobacco that's expanded back down.
    Absolutely shaming that I forgot all about this. After reading this I remembered it on my way back from a customer visit in San Francisco today and got a single flake of Orlik Golden Slices (only 3 flakes left in the tin and then it's on to Petersen's Irish Oak!) to last for over an hour without a single relight and absolutely no gurgling.

I'm watching you.

Try that Squadron Leader tomorrow and let us know how you like it
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I tried have tried 4 different types so far and love it kinda ordered a peterson pipe basically I saw one online i liked but rather give my money to the local guy but he is unable to get this years special edition pipe but they have a 2010 left over but not sure how it looks so basically of I don't like it I won't buy it and go with the one online.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast