Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Just started piping!

This is a discussion on Just started piping! within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey guys, You may know me from the cigar side of this forum, but I have been advised to introduce ...

Full grown Puffer Fish jobes2007's Avatar

Just started piping!

Hey guys,

You may know me from the cigar side of this forum, but I have been advised to introduce myself on this side as well. I was sent a good amount of MacBarren Golden Extra Ready Rubbed (which I just smoked a bowl of) and some Stockebeye Pistachio by bazookajoe last week, and today I received a nice looking MM from Trilobyte as well, and down the pipe slope I have fallen. I'm sure you'll see me asking for different recommendations in the next few days, as after I get paid next week I hope to buy a few ounces of some different baccys to try.

Anyway, thanks to this communitty for getting me involved in another fun hobby, and I look forward to entering the dark side of Puff.... Haha

Re: Just started piping!

Was bound to happen Brother!

Welcome to the Pipe Side Joey!
    Dale

Puffer Fish with many spikes mturnmm's Avatar

I have been a member for a while...I'm considering picking up pipes as well...been going thru my brain for a few months now. I'm going to lurk til I feel comfortable enough to actually pick up a pie and buy some pipe tobaccy!
    Here's to us and those like us!
    God Bless our Troops...especially our Snipers!

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Welcome to the other side!

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

Welcome, although you haven't yet gained access to the true darkside Make your way over to the NST section and enjoy a lot of samples. Like cigars, you'll soon learn what you like and what you don't in the world of pipe baccy.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

What McGregor said - I think that the NST for pipes is even more useful for pipe noobs than forum noobs. On the cigar side, you mostly get some cool sticks and a chance to build some trader feedback (both good things) was well as to meet some new people. This is a great thing, but not quite the same as ......

on the pipe side where there is a lot more diversity in flavor profile, strength, body, and complexity than with cigars (IMO of course), so the chance to get a bunch of samples that taste and smoke very differently is very useful.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Young Fish

sample a bunch of different things see where in the aromatic - tobacco spectrum you like

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Hey Joey welcome and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix