Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

New piper saying hi

This is a discussion on New piper saying hi within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Morning all, I recently got into smoking pipes and am enjoying it so far. Made a couple mistakes, like making ...

New piper saying hi

Morning all, I recently got into smoking pipes and am enjoying it so far. Made a couple mistakes, like making an impulse buy on a terrible pipe at a smoke shop that sells more bongs than tobacco pipes. Along with a pouch of Half and Half (yuck). Unfortunately there are no good tobacco shops in my immediate area and the best pipe to be bought is a Dr Grabow. Despite this, I found a place that had some Mac Baren tins in stock along with their Captain Black so I picked up a tin of their Scottish Blend. I mixed the remainder of Half and Half with some bulk black cavendish I picked up which made it more smokable.

But I've been enjoying my nightly bowl thus far and have been using the internet and tobaccoreviews dot com (can't post links it says) in place of a real tobacconist in my area. Looking forward to picking up a few cobs for experimenting with new tobacco. My first real pipe I think will have to be a Nording. Love the look of his freehand pipes.

Anyway, thought I'd say hi and I look forward to picking the collective mind for info about my new hobby.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish ten08's Avatar

Re: New piper saying hi

Welcome, fellow Adam!

I'm also just getting started on the pipe side. My only pipe is a cob, but it's working out well for me so far. I'm patiently waiting for the right briar to "call out" to me.

There are lots of friendly, knowledgeable folks here on Puff! Read, read some more, ask questions and enjoy yourself!

Welcome to the Pipe Side Adam!
    Dale

Welcome to puff!
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Welcome, welcome!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix