Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

New rowdy rowdy piper

This is a discussion on New rowdy rowdy piper within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey all, Just wanted to do a quick intro. New to the pipe world though not a cigarette smoker and ...

Young Puffer Fish

New rowdy rowdy piper

Hey all,

Just wanted to do a quick intro. New to the pipe world though not a cigarette smoker and very seldom cigar smoker either. I decided to try the pipe because I found myself buying cigars only for special occasions but never able to finish them or get any real favour other than tobacco out of it. So I decided to venture into the pipe world.

Bought my first pipe, 5 days ago, it's a Peterson Kepat 68. Got some Brigham Wild Cherry to go with it. The tobacco smells like a nitro grab strawberry bar. Taking my time breaking in the pipe, startin with 1/3 bowls in order to build up carbon came from bottom up as I read somewhere to do so lol

Would appreciate any other tips to breaking in slash smoking a pipe. Don't smoke often either. Maybe 1-2 a week so having another pipe not an option at this point

Anyhol that's my story oh and hello to my fellow Canucks in here!

Re: New rowdy rowdy piper

Welcome to Puff!!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

Welcome Aboard!

Sounds like you've got the break-in under control.
    Dale

Young Puffer Fish

It's suppose to say it smells like nutragran strawberry bar but smoke has ver little favour. In fact I get more taste from the stem long after I'm done smoking and just have the pipe in my mouth. Guess more of an after taste cherry than smoking one?

And obviously everyone got the jist that I was trying to say carbon cake build up. Guess I was more concentrated on piping rather than typing

Though I'm reading lots, in these forums an other sources, about the almost limitless possibilities of tobacco flavours. I was wondering if anyone had a generic go to brand or specific tobacco good for newbs.

I bought the brigham wild cherry because it was the least repulsive smelling package at the local tobacconist. The guy there wasn't much help either cuz he's more of a cigar person and he has pipes cuz he's the only store in the entire city who carries them.

Anyways looking for something that has flavour, anything really as long as the favour is noticeable and that smells good. I don't care for any specific smell just not the traditional campfire or cigarette smell. Please keep in mind that 50g of tobacco here goes for 20$ a pouch/Tin and the higher end brands go for 30$ for 50g so I'd like to keep the prices low. Especially since I won't be smoking too often and need a good go to brand

Welcome to the wonderful world of pipes.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Kaz View Post
    Though I'm reading lots, in these forums an other sources, about the almost limitless possibilities of tobacco flavours. I was wondering if anyone had a generic go to brand or specific tobacco good for newbs.

I bought the brigham wild cherry because it was the least repulsive smelling package at the local tobacconist. The guy there wasn't much help either cuz he's more of a cigar person and he has pipes cuz he's the only store in the entire city who carries them.
    Welcome to puff! You are not the only occasional smoker here - I only smoke 1-2 bowls a week myself.

As to tobaccos, lots of ideas what an everyday blend might be - what were the tobaccos that were most repulsive to you? It might guide suggestions.
    Pro Patria Vigilans................... My tobacco cellar

Young Puffer Fish

Can;t remember all the names of the plastic bags that were available, most of the were Brigham blends and then one house brand I think. The rest were Petersons but they were locked away behind a smelless tin which were going for 30$ each. Seeing as how I'm new to pipes, did not want to spend 30$ on something I won't enjoy, so opted for the cheap 20$ brand that smelled best.

I'm sure I'll grow into liking a certain type or brand soon enough but does anyone have a suggestion as to what pairs best for cognac or single malt scotch? I only pipe in the evenings and like to have one with some alcohol to see if flavours change