Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Back to the pipe after 25 year hiatus - Chicago area ...

This is a discussion on Back to the pipe after 25 year hiatus - Chicago area ... within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Well, today is my first day here, and I did not see there were separate cigar and pipe sections. Makes ...

Back to the pipe after 25 year hiatus - Chicago area ...

Well, today is my first day here, and I did not see there were separate cigar and pipe sections. Makes perfect sense, though! Although I enjoy a cigar now and then, I am more of a pipe guy who has an occasional cigar than the other way around. So, I'm reposting my hello below in this forum.

I'll poke around some more so I get the geographical layout of the place. I like it!

John

Quote Originally Posted by JCinPA View Post
    Wow! This site has the most professional on-boarding process I've ever seen! The welcome message and videos are great, I'm looking forward to a great place to hang out!

I started smoking cigars and pipes in high school and college and got away from it for a bit. I used to smoke J.R. Ultimates back in my Air Force days, but they are not the cigar they were 25 years ago. Now my normal favorite is a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur, although I like experimenting a bit. I favor medium strength, full-bodied cigars with natural wrappers, although a Maduro is nice now and then.

In pipes, I favor the economy lines of good pipe makers like Eriksen by Nording or Savinelli and I love traditional English blends, and some of the more natural (less highly flavored) aromatics. I just finished a bowl of Dunhill Morning Pipe in an Eriksen #09. I have a half dozen, cobs, too, so I will fit right in with the "non-snob" feeling around here. Thanks to BillyGoat for inviting me here!

Well, gotta go look around a bit and see what's here. I already spotted a gun forum. I think I'm going to like it here!

Cheers,

John

P.S. about Philly, my family is there, but I work in Lisle Il, and have a caveman apartment here. Just a futon, a microwave on a TV tray and a plastic patio table and chair. I'm dating myself, but I say if I had a lava lamp and a beanbag chair, I'd feel like I was back in College!

Re: Back to the pipe after 25 year hiatus - Chicago area ...

Welcome to the Pipe Side John!
    Dale

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I like your sig, Tony!