Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Half price pipes

This is a discussion on Half price pipes within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Often times tobacco shops have a half price pipe bin (what I am currently smoking). What warrants these pipes to ...

Young Fish

Half price pipes

Often times tobacco shops have a half price pipe bin (what I am currently smoking). What warrants these pipes to be thrown in the discount bin? Do they any smoke worse than a ''regular'' or normal priced pipe?

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

Re: Half price pipes

Buy one and let us know? Who knows.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

Puff's Resident Evil Dr. Dr. Plume's Avatar

And welcome to puff! We have a review section and I am sure we'd all love to see a review. Make sure of just two things before buying. Well drilled hole centered and at the bottom of the bowl, and good stem connection.
    "The pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to stick in his mouth." My puny cellar http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Dr.%20Plume

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

I would ask the shop owner!
    Probably wants to clear out old stock.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Full grown Puffer Fish Mason16Filz's Avatar

Nothing wrong with a knockaround pipe. Buy one.

Wont hurt to have one that it wont bother you if it gets scratched or u burn the bowl up a bit from lighting.

Also wont hurt to use this one while commuting or even while working.
    #KL2154

I like looking through the half priced pipes because I have found some good pipes in there. There are some that I would not buy but every now and then there are some good pipes they may have had overstocked and looking to push out the door.

So how did you make out find anything nice?
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Sometimes, the MSRP is so ridiculous, the only way to sell them is to offer them at a price that (hopefully) will sell at just over the loss margin of the store. Other times, there may be a visual flaw due to some clumsy customer or maybe even they are unmarked seconds.
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

As long as the drilling is fine, they're probably worth a shot.
    ********.com

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

Could also be that they are unpopular designs that just aren't moving. Also could be hoping that you'l buy a few or more tobacco than normal b/c of the good deal.

A guy at a B&M we frequent just told us. "These 1/2 price items we have here are a come on."
    Sorta like buying a printer they give it away but the ink cartridges are pricy and you always have to replace them.
    I guess they figure we give a break on the price of the pipe and they buy all the stuff that goes with it.
    Jimi Hendrix