Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

New from China

This is a discussion on New from China within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hi all, I'm in the Army and currently on my last 5 months of a two-year assignment in Kunming, China. ...

Young Fish

New from China

Hi all,

I'm in the Army and currently on my last 5 months of a two-year assignment in Kunming, China. I've been smoking a pipe off and on since college and was lucky enough to link up with a group of expats here who smoke pipes as well. One of them even introduced me to this site. Selection here is a bit limited, but luckily care packages and trips through duty free stores keeps us well stocked.

Re: New from China

Welcome to the forum Jeff and it's nice to hear that you found a few pipers close to hand.
    Refuses to remain the Droid they were all looking for.

Young Fish

Thanks. I hadn't smoked a pipe for a few years since I left Iraq so it was good to get back into it after so long. It will definitely be nice, though, to get back to the U.S. and have better access to supplies.

Maturing Puffer Fish davidg1977's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller0709 View Post
    Thanks. I hadn't smoked a pipe for a few years since I left Iraq so it was good to get back into it after so long. It will definitely be nice, though, to get back to the U.S. and have better access to supplies.
    i know the feeling brother

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to Puff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

to Puff, Jeff. It's great to have you.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to Puff, Jeff. All I can say is WOW! I just looked up Kunming and you are DEEP in country. I have been to Chengdu, and I thought that was pretty far. I will be headed back to Asia in March for a business trip (Korea, Taiwan, and China) but sadly not close enough to bring you any supplies.

24 hr's ain't enough splattttttt's Avatar

Welcome Jeff. Cigars ain't all that bad either ( ;
    Enjoy your stay
    it has been my experience that folks who have no vices have few virtues- Abe Lincoln

Young Fish

Thanks. I've been smoking cigars just as long as a pipe, and more often too.

Young Fish

Only the few I brought with me. Most of the places that have cigars here either sell the Chinese "Great Wall" brand or what they think rich business men would want to show off their wealth which means lots of Cubans. It's basically the same selection you'd have at an airport duty-free shop. Cubans are nice but they can't be part of a long-term collection because I'll eventually return to the U.S.

I have several Gurkha Boers that I brough with me that I have been rationing.