Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Crossed over from cigars

This is a discussion on Crossed over from cigars within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Well not completely crossed over, but I enjoyed my first pipe last night. Definitely something I want to get into, ...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Crossed over from cigars

Well not completely crossed over, but I enjoyed my first pipe last night. Definitely something I want to get into, especially with these cold months upon us. I will be participating in the newbie sampler trade and I can't wait to get going down this new slope!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

Re: Crossed over from cigars

Welcome to the Pipe side!

Welcome to the pipe side. I started the same way. Sort of a, "hmmm, I think I might give this a shot for a change." I went tumbling down the slope after that. I still love a good cigar (about once a week actually) but pipes are now my daily obsession.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

WELCOME TO THE PIPE SIDE OF PUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Young Puffer Fish CanAsianPiper's Avatar

you should also check out pipesmagazine forums. Very friendly bunch, tonnes of info/advice, and they do a box pass.

Welcome!

If you enjoyed your first pipe, then the battle is won. It's not a term I would have applied to the my first experience which ended up (I'm sure) with a pile of spent matches, a scorched tongue and little else. Keep up the good work!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

Good move! I have been smoking cigars for about 25 years, and pipes for about 15 years. Pipes are a completely different world IMHO. Since you enjoyed your first one, it only gets better.

Welcome to Puff! Whether it's a cigar or pipe, enjoy what you're smoking.

Tried a pipe for the first time a few months ago. Must admit, it's a pleasant change from cigars!