Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

New Piper from Indiana

This is a discussion on New Piper from Indiana within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey everyone, my name is Wally. After gathering tons of info the past two weeks from this board, I decided ...

New Piper from Indiana

Hey everyone, my name is Wally. After gathering tons of info the past two weeks from this board, I decided to join the conversation. I couldn't be any more excited to get this ball rolling. Planning on buying a few MM cobs and see where this journey takes me. As for tobacco recs, I'm all ears. Have smoked cigars and cigs in the past but not on the regular. Probably looking to get a few different blends in different categories and see what I like.

Once again, thanks for the great info the past few weeks and can't wait to be part of this community.
    Last edited by WallyBSez; 01-15-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Re: New Piper from Indiana

Welcome to the monkey house, Wally! Since I got here before anyone else, I get to give the best advice in the pipe forum: check out the New Pipe Smoker trade! You're matched up with an experienced smoker, buy him a tin of whatever he asks for you, and in return you get a nice variety of blends to try. It may be the best thing about signing up! Well, other than reading my posts, of course...
    ********.com

Thanks for the advice Mark! I'll def take advantage after the waiting period ends. Can't wait. The best part about a new hobby is all the new info. It's crazy how much their is to learn and enjoy. And I'll be sure to bounce around the boards for your posts Have a great day!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to Puff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Thanks TonyB! Also, just got my first order today. Got seven different tobaccos and a few MM cobs. I'm ready to roll. Can't wait for the evening smoke.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Welcome Wally, sounds like your off to a great start.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Welcome Wally! I am a new comer to the pipe world as well.

Little suggestion I can give right up front. One that I am learning as we speak, is how to load and light correctly, and then eeeeeennnnnnjooooooooy the smoke. Don't go too fast, I'm nursing a four day tongue bite because I was too eager!

These guys are awesome though! Really helpful, very welcoming... as small corner of the internet that is not filled with immature stupidity. A real gem.

Maturing Puffer Fish trenschler's Avatar

Welcome Wally! I'm originally from Anderson. Enjoy!

Welcome to Puff and enjoy the ride! There are a lot of great people here who can help answer questions and good posts to learn from as well. Have fun!

Appreciate the responses trenschler, ziggeroy and pipe30. I'll take it slow. Wanna rush into so many different tobaccos and pipes. But I'll enjoy the journey and the process and always take helpful tips from you EPS

Welcome to Puff, Wally. We're glad to have you here!

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

Hello and welcome!

It's also good to try a huge variety, and don't turn away from a type of blend just because you've tried a couple you don't like. I tried a few heavy perique blends and hated them, then tried one more and love it. And ocean of types out there to tempt your palate.

Appreciate the advice! I hope to find a go-to tobacco fairly soon while sampling around the different varieties.