Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Hello everyone :)

This is a discussion on Hello everyone :) within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hey there, this is Saad from TN. I'm looking to start pipe smoking, i've already looked at quite a few ...

Newbie in the ocean

Talking Hello everyone :)

Hey there, this is Saad from TN. I'm looking to start pipe smoking, i've already looked at quite a few pipes and hopefully i'll choose one soon to start off with. However, i am running into a problem with picking a nice tobacco. I'm currently looking for an aromatic. I've heard English doesn't smell very good to the people around you, so room note is definitely important if i want to keep the lady happy. I did some searching around the forums, it seems that the Lane 1Q came recommended fairly often. The problem is, the askers in those threads were often looking for a strong taste, but that's not something i'm really looking for. I don't have a massive sweet tooth, so i'm not wanting to feel like i'm actually eating the food when i'm smoking the blend. I'm just looking for a nice smelling aromatic with a medium taste, not something that's overwhelmingly sweet. I don't know how interested i'd be in a nutty taste, however i do like a sweet vanilla or something similar. I figured i'd ask for advice because you all certainly have more experience than me

So hello, and thanks in advanced for your help

Re: Hello everyone :)

Hello there friend!

Welcome to the forum, Saad. Wish I could help, but unfortunately, I very definitely do have a sweet tooth...so what I like probably wouldn't line up with your tastes.
    ********.com

Full grown Puffer Fish Mason16Filz's Avatar

Welcome to Puff
    #KL2154

Welcome to Puff! I actually just smoked a bowl of Lane 1Q and enjoyed it. I'll leave it to the more experienced pipers for the tobacco recs you're eyeing.

Welcome to Puff. I'm originally from TN too! Nashville to be exact.

Anyway, I'd give that 1Q a go. It's got a sweetness to it, but it's not overwhelming. A nice vanilla flavor. It's one of the most popular tobaccos in the worl for a reason.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

WELCOME TO PUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Maturing Puffer Fish Pipe Pastor's Avatar

welcome!!

BCA from Lane Limited!!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Jogi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Welcome to the forum, Saad. Wish I could help, but unfortunately, I very definitely do have a sweet tooth...so what I like probably wouldn't line up with your tastes.
    He does have a sweet tooth, it just isn't massive

Welcome to Puff Saad, hope you have a good time here...

Quote Originally Posted by DanR View Post
    Welcome to Puff. I'm originally from TN too! Nashville to be exact.

Anyway, I'd give that 1Q a go. It's got a sweetness to it, but it's not overwhelming. A nice vanilla flavor. It's one of the most popular tobaccos in the worl for a reason.
    Ennerdale Flake - Gawith, Hoggarth & Co's best selling flake by a wide margin... But I wouldn't recommend that for a starter.

Welcome Saad!!

I think maybe take advice from the US members on a good tobacco to begin with. Aromatics do smell attractive in the the pouch, but they are not necessarily the most suitable tobaccos to start with. A lot of them tend to cause "tongue bite" - a mild chemical burn of the tongue (no other way to honestly describe it - but it isn't really that bad) which is usually caused by allowing the pipe to burn too hot and is made much more likely if you are a new pipe smoker and haven't yet sorted out your technique. Much better to start with a much more forgiving tobacco. Once you've got the basics under your belt - and it isn't difficult - you've be better placed to be able to really enjoy an aromatic. I'd hate to think that a scorched tongue early on would put you off the pleasures awaiting you.

Enjoy!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

Sounds like hookah qualities to me, except most molasses tobacco tends to be fruity and can be fairly sweet. Does have a fantastic room note and flavors can be very mild to medium. Wish I could find an excuse to use mine more often.

I'm not big into aromatics, so couldn't help you there. There are many here to help.

Welcome!

Puffer Fish with some spikes Simon.G's Avatar

Welcome aboard