Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

not listed on Pipedia, what the heck is VaPer?

This is a discussion on not listed on Pipedia, what the heck is VaPer? within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Keep seeing referances to VaPer. I did my due dilligance, checked pipedia, search here just hits the hundreds of threads ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes

Question not listed on Pipedia, what the heck is VaPer?

Keep seeing referances to VaPer. I did my due dilligance, checked pipedia, search here just hits the hundreds of threads where the word is used. So help me out here so I can understand what is being discussed.

Maturing Puffer Fish trenschler's Avatar

Re: not listed on Pipedia, what the heck is VaPer?

It is a tobacco blend that is a combination of Virginia and Perique.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

Can't say I'm a fan of perique. The spiciness is offputting for me, but I did try Dan's Midnight Ride which was pretty good.

Don't feel alone, John; my definition of VaPer is "a nice Virginia tobacco ruined by the addition of spoiled tobacco". Then again, there's all that Hal O' the Wynd I've smoked...
    ********.com

Maturing Puffer Fish trenschler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    Don't feel alone, John; my definition of VaPer is "a nice Virginia tobacco ruined by the addition of spoiled tobacco". Then again, there's all that Hal O' the Wynd I've smoked...
    I can't find any Perique in my Hal O' the Wynd. I think they may have waved a bag of Perique over the top of the batch, but that's about all.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

I like Perique and will even smoke it by itself, but it hits me hard and fast for some reason. I do love that fermented flavor it has.

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

Haven't had any latakia heavy blends, but I know that they're also "spicy" flavored. Just got my trade sampler, and I've noticed that the latakia heavy blends tend to definitely have a different spice sent to them. Now to smoke em!