Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

New Member from Southern New Mexico

This is a discussion on New Member from Southern New Mexico within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; I'm a new pipe smoker that started just about a month ago after 40 years of smoking cigarettes. I have ...

Newbie in the ocean SharkSurfer's Avatar

New Member from Southern New Mexico

I'm a new pipe smoker that started just about a month ago after 40 years of smoking cigarettes. I have tried everything to quit smoking cigs, from gum, to patches, no pill, to ecigarettes, and had very little success. Funny how I decided to pick up a pipe and find some good tobacco and since the day I lit my first bowl I completely quit cigarettes. No stress, no strain. That makes me very happy.

Now, like others I am on a quest for the perfect tobacco and pipes for me.

My daily smoker is an MM Legend cob and rotate between a Venturi Black Billiard; Venturi "The Smoke"; a Tracy Mercer "The Doodler"; and a Zenith Double Walled Clay. As you can see I like "out of the norm" pipes, and am always on the hunt for that unique smoke.

My favorite tobacco right now is Carter Hall, with dessert being served courtesy of Dunhill Nightcap. Unfortunately I live in a very small town in the high deserts of New Mexico and quality tobacco in this area is hard to come by. The one tobacco shop that we do have carries 98% cigarettes and their tobacco selection is limited to Sir Walter Raleigh and Borkum Riff, both of which I do not enjoy. So I use 4noggins as my online source for tobacco. I'm finding that it can get a bit expensive ordering ounces and tins of tobacco that I know nothing about, but do enjoy the adventure of the hunt. So hunt I will.

I am retired U.S. Coast Guard and moved to this area to work as a school administrator at a school for students who are blind, visually impaired and/or multiply impaired. It's a rewarding job, but I am looking forward to retiring from this job and moving back to the Pacific Northwest in about 2.5 years.

I am looking forward to being a member of this forum, learning, and eventually contributing.

Puffer Fish with some spikes houncer's Avatar

Re: New Member from Southern New Mexico

Welcome John! You will like this forum quite a bit; everyone is nice & welcoming. Ask questions & you will get helpful answers.

Sign up for the Newbie Sampler trade as you will learn a lot about different blends by participating in that. The thread is in the General Pipe Forum.

Welcome again & keep puffing (slowly)!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: New Member from Southern New Mexico

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix