Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just finished my first bowl, and thought I would say hello.

This is a discussion on Just finished my first bowl, and thought I would say hello. within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Speaking as a fellow n00b, I can recommend both the Missouri Meerschaum grab bag and the P&C samplers (I bought ...

Re: Just finished my first bowl, and thought I would say hello.

Speaking as a fellow n00b, I can recommend both the Missouri Meerschaum grab bag and the P&C samplers (I bought their Hearth and Home sampler to start with, but they have others). They're both great ways to quickly and inexpensively acquire a variety of pipes and tobacco, so that you can experiment and find out what you like about certain shapes, sizes, and flavors. Plenty of time to add to the collection later, once you've got some direction.

Newbie in the ocean

Hello.

Welcome to the pipe side!
    "Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

No longer a community member.

Howdy

I'm going to have soooo much fun with your newbie trade!!! Welcome to the forum!

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phred View Post
    Speaking as a fellow n00b, I can recommend both the Missouri Meerschaum grab bag and the P&C samplers (I bought their Hearth and Home sampler to start with, but they have others). They're both great ways to quickly and inexpensively acquire a variety of pipes and tobacco, so that you can experiment and find out what you like about certain shapes, sizes, and flavors. Plenty of time to add to the collection later, once you've got some direction.
    Just got my grab bag today. Now next time I leave my cob outside to get ruined, I won't have to go down to the corner to get a new one. It is mostly lower end stuff, I.E. 3 legends, 2 eatons, 2 Missouri Pride, but they did put in a red freehand. And in a few days, I will have 10 custom stems to go with them. (couldn't make up my mind which to get)

whered you buy your stems?

that first bowl.
    you'll never forget it.
    well, actually you probably will. hopefully you will. as you smoke more and better... also, I can speak from experience the whole "china" cob verses a MM is night and day... one is a pain in the rear, the other is an utter delight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2