Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Howdy from Houston

This is a discussion on Howdy from Houston within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Guess I should introduce myself, as a new pipe smoker, even though I joined PUFF Jun '12 as a 20yr ...

Howdy from Houston

Guess I should introduce myself, as a new pipe smoker, even though I joined PUFF Jun '12 as a 20yr cigar aficionado.

Smoking corncobs; Missouri Meershaum Diplomats, Apple and 5th Avenue, as recommended to me by a very fine brother of the leaf, @DSturg369 . I will confess, my original thought was to get a cheap pipe to smoke my fine nubs. That fine BOTL inspired me (by supporting my sacreligious intent) to give the pipe a real go, and I am converted! Not only is the pipe saving my sticks, I'm down to 1-4/day now, I am really enjoying it.

My B&M didn't have the baccy I wanted, so started with their house english as their closest recommendation. Now smoking C&D Old Joe Krantz and Bow-legged Bear daily and SG 1792 Flake weekly.

The MM cobs are serving very well, and will soon have my first briar PAD and, hopefully, a second on its heels.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: Howdy from Houston

Welcome to the Pipe side of Puff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Maturing Puffer Fish JohnnyDarkside's Avatar

Cobs are fantastic intro's. Cheap and great taste with little to no ghosting. Not a big cigar smoker, so the 1792 is a little stronger than I've tried yet.

Welcome!

Welcome to Puff! I love my 5 cobs. Great value. I'm slowly but surely getting more briars. Got my second one on the way.