Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Hello from the Cincinnati area!

This is a discussion on Hello from the Cincinnati area! within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello! My name is Shawn and I live in Indiana near the Ohio border (about 30 minutes from Cincinnati). For ...

Young Fish

Hello from the Cincinnati area!

Hello! My name is Shawn and I live in Indiana near the Ohio border (about 30 minutes from Cincinnati). For the past two years I have been a cigar smoker and went totally nuts with the hobby. Collected hundreds (and hundreds) of cigars and invested a lot in my humidor......BUT THEN...............I found pipes.

In October of 2011 I went to Gatlinburg TN with my brothers and some friends and we stumbled into the Smokezy Tobacco Shop in hopes of finding cigars. I was their to see the cigar selection but I was in awe of all of the pipe stuff. Tobacco leaves hanging everywhere, and jars and jars of delightful smelling tobaccos......oh...and there was a tiny lady behind the counter smoking the longest pipe I had ever seen (I had no idea what a churchwarden was...yet). I asked about 400 questions and she answered them all and then she let me know about how they blend all of their own tobaccos in house. They had a blend called Evening Stroll that was a virginia/black cavendish (i believe). I was curious, so I bought a little two ounce pack to take back home with me. I had no pipe but I figured that sooner or later one would come my way. I started a new job where the employers allow the employees to smoke while they work and one of the employees smokes a pipe which got me thinking about that pack of Evening Stroll. So I got on ebay and bought my first pipe, a kaywoodie standard. I learned how to restore and clean the pipe and I started smoking. I loved it, even though it had been sitting a while it was not dry and still had a great aroma and flavor. I really got attached to that pipe since it was my first experience in pipe smoking. So now I am addicted.....not to the nicotine but to the hobby. I love to buy and and try new pipes and tobaccos.

Below is a collection of most of my pipes. Its a bad pic but it works. Top left is a Kaywoodie Drinkless 248 (ebay), Top right is an unknown pipe that my bro got me for christmas. Under those is an Irish Seconds bulldog that I love (ebay). Middle right is my first pipe Kaywoodie Standard 14 (ebay). The tip broke and I had to grind it down and reform it and rebend it. Kinda looks like a nosewarmer now. The corn cob is a Missouri Meerschaum that I got from the grab bag (10 for 29.99) I also got a great dane, country gentleman, and a freestyle. The bottome right is a Savinelli Oscar Lucite that was given to me by a guy at work. He said his son in law gave it to him and he's never gonna use it (SCORE!). And the bottom is a kaywoodie (dublin?) that looks brand new that I got from another guy at work for $13.

So sorry about how wordy this is! I joined this forum because all questions that I type into google lead me here. Then I saw how good the community is here (cant wait to get into the whole tobacco bomb thing). I tried to start a pipe club at work and everyone dropped out (explains all of the gifted and cheap pipes).

Name:  pipe.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  37.6 KB

Re: Hello from the Cincinnati area!

Excellent introduction, and very enjoyable! Welcome to PUFF, the pipe side! Join us in the Morning, Afternoon and Evening pipe smoking "lounges" to mingle with your fellow puffers, and to share what you are smoking at the time. Fine pipes that you have there! There is another Country Gent smoker that you will meet, and I understand pipe is one great smoker. My introduction is few below yours, "Houston Howdy."

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Very nice pipes great intro welcome to puff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Welcome to Puff! Nice start on the pipe collection.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

Young Fish

welcome