Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Greetings from Manchester

This is a discussion on Greetings from Manchester within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello all! I am a fairly new pipe smoker, about a month and a half. My dad recently passed on ...

Newbie in the ocean

Greetings from Manchester

Hello all!

I am a fairly new pipe smoker, about a month and a half. My dad recently passed on a pipe to me that he had used that had belonged to his uncle. He didn't tell me much about it, so I am trying to figure out what kind of pipe it is.

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 38
Size:  86.2 KB

Any help would be awesome.

Disinterested

Re: Greetings from Manchester

Welcome to Puff, AJ!

Sorry I can't be of any help in ID'ing that pipe. Are there no markings on the underside at all? It's certainly well figured and appears well constructed. Just remember, regardless of provenance, the proof of the pipe is in the smoking

Welcome Aj

Newbie in the ocean

Consider this a newbie question to the boards.... is there a reason I can't see the picture I posted in the original post? I know I uploaded it and got no errors but I don't even see it.

Thanks again.

-AJ

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome AJ looks like a Charatan Pipe i had a while back.
    Damn i hope i spelled that right.
    Anyway here is a great resource!

http://pipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
    Last edited by TonyBrooklyn; 03-16-2013 at 06:46 PM.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mephisto View Post
    Consider this a newbie question to the boards.... is there a reason I can't see the picture I posted in the original post? I know I uploaded it and got no errors but I don't even see it.

Thanks again.

-AJ
    Could be you don't have enough posts i really don't know what else it could be i see it fine nice pipe.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

AJ
    Welcome to the pond....If you ever make it up to the Loon area, be sure to visit uncle Al
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Newbie in the ocean

Thanks everyone. Also, part of why I am inquiring about the make of the pipe, is the underside of the stem has a smallish hole in it near when you puff on it. Its still usable, just have to put more of the stem in my mouth than I feel I would have to if it didn't have the hole. Was looking at locating a replacement stem, but dont wanna buy one that wouldn't fit.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

A drop of super glue will plug that hole (as long as the hole is actually small). Then some buffing will smooth it all up again.

No longer a community member.

Welcome to the forums. I can't say I have any idea about the pipe, but I hope you enjoy smoking it

Young Fish

greetings mate