Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Oh snap! What have I done?

This is a discussion on Oh snap! What have I done? within the New Piper Fish Forum forums, part of the Pipe Smokers Forums category; Hello, My name is Brian and I'm a pretty frequent poster on the Puffer side. My wife asked me to ...

I'm totally serious, dude B-daddy's Avatar

Oh snap! What have I done?

Hello,

My name is Brian and I'm a pretty frequent poster on the Puffer side. My wife asked me to stop and pick up allergy medicine on my way home from work. Standing in the check-out line at Walgreens, I saw the Missouri Meerschaums and the Captain Black behind the counter and said "What the hell?"

After dinner, took my new toys and some wooden kitchen matches out on the deck. One big pinch and squished it down. Lit it easy, got it going, and now I'm a piper. I tamped down the ash with the butt of the match stick and the bowl burned beautifully (I guess). I foresee that I'm going to enjoy this hobby for a long time. The flavors are so much more subtle, sweet, and rich than the stoges. I felt like I was sipping some kind of spirit, rather than guzzling from a firehose. Don't get me wrong, I'm a cigar-lover but I really enjoyed this experience. I'll make the assumption that, this OTC drug store staple isn't the best tobacco in world and it'll only only get better from here.

Anyway, hello folks. I'm gonna start reading and learning...and smoking.

B
    "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?" -- Steven Wright

Chest Beating Pack Leader [OT] Loki's Avatar

Re: Oh snap! What have I done?

welcome to the slower way of doing things side
    There's no time to explain get in the

Enjoy the piper side of the force

Do Not believe a single word UBAH post, His life is in your hands. If the Elites find out you know what UBAH knows, UBAH will be up a creek without Eggs.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader dj1340's Avatar

Well hell Brian, you have now learned another way to spend money sucker! Welcome
    To the world of pipes.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

My cat's Chief of Staff El wedo del milagro's Avatar

I'm glad ya gave it a try.

Yer right, pipe tobacco is quite different from cigar leaf. Both are good, but very different.

There are many different types of pipe tobacco, and one of the best ways to sample them and learn what you like is the newbie sampler trade for pipes (it's the very first thread in the general pipe forum).

No longer a community member.

Welcome to our corner of the world. Yes- there are better options than the OTC blends, but that doesn't mean they aren't good. I have about 16 glass jars of weed in rotation right now and 4 or 5 of them came over the counter in a pouch.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Welcome to the pipe side of puff!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix